Military Brides
Options

So, I'm pretty sure it is the end of the world...

Well at least in Oklahoma.

Over the past week we had freezing weather..

Since Friday we have had 3 large earthquakes, several small ones ( http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Maps/US2/35.37.-98.-96_eqs.php )

And we had big ol' tornadoes this afternoon (we are used to that though! haha http://www.4warn.com/kfor-southwestern-ok-tornado-watches-warnings-headed-to-metro-20111107,0,2290074.story)

I'm only halfway joking when I say that the meteor  that passes pretty close to earths orbit this week, you can pretty much bet on it hitting Oklahoma.

Anyway, Oklahoma is struggling right now.. haha. I'm going to walmart to get hard hats for when the really big quake hits... jk Wink

Tell me about your crazy natural disaster stories...

Photobucket

Re: So, I'm pretty sure it is the end of the world...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We had an Earthquake on the East Coast over the Summer.  I was sitting at work, and I felt it under my feet, and it took me a few minutes to register that it was an earthquake.  I had felt one or two small ones when I was visiting H in Japan.. I was like.. "Oh! it's just an earthquake... wait a minute!"

Hope you're okay!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Crazy disaster stories? bahahaha.. Those don't exist here in Washington.. We have next to no disasters.. We tend to have a week or so a year that is bad snow and so there are lots of accidents from the people that are dumb and think they can drive thei rearwheel drive, summer tires roadster... but that's about it :) Love WA for that reason!

I did get to see a bunch of tornados once in Huntsville, AL (where my dad lives). That was pretty nuts. That's about all I've got though :P
  • Options
    BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ya I'm w/ Sami on the earthquake here in August. That was a strange experience. And then Hurricane Irene a few days later. But this area wasn't hit TOO hard luckily. Nothing crazy lately.
  • Options
    melbelle24melbelle24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Craziest natural disaster? Hurricane Katrina. Tons of rain, tornadoes, all over scary weather... and then we were without power for about 10 days, had a major gas shortage, and just general misery for about a month in the aftermath. And that's in the middle of MS, about 200 miles inland from the Gulf.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto to Sami I felt the earthquake here as well in summer.  I thought there was something wrong with me and I felt really dizzy.  Then facebook blew up about the earthquake so I realized it wasn't me. 

The biggest one that I have lived through was Hurricane Hugo.  It was crazy, that is really all I can say about that hurricane.  It was so big that it even distroyed parts of NC.  Crazy!
  • Options
    AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yeaaa, I have gotten used to it. Around 8-9ish I start exepecting the ground to start shaking.  At first I was scared, but now I just expect it. Haha.

Apparently last night not only did we have heavy storms but we also had flooding.

I have been throuigh just about every natural disaster except a hurricane.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had crazy storms here yesterday. I usually love the weather but not when I think about H flying in it!
  • Options
    divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_im-pretty-sure-end-of-world?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:442c77cf-d9b5-4315-927c-6905a5cf8dd7Post:5a4023e7-16ce-497b-a17a-5923e3f51cc3">Re: So, I'm pretty sure it is the end of the world...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Craziest natural disaster? Hurricane Katrina. Tons of rain, tornadoes, all over scary weather... and then we were without power for about 10 days, had a major gas shortage, and just general misery for about a month in the aftermath. And that's in the middle of MS, about 200 miles inland from the Gulf.
    Posted by melbelle24[/QUOTE]

Yup. I was actually trying to fly back to TX to start my senior year of college that very day. My Dad was without power for almost 3 weeks. My Mom is a federal employee (V.A.) and that's the only reason we could get gas. I remember driving to Kroger with my brother trying to get bottled water and people selling ice for like $15 a bag. It was awful, and I was in Jackson, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards