Not Engaged Yet
Options

Today's the day...

...that I get these stupid jerkface pre-cancerous cells out of my body!  I'm not really nervous or scared anymore.  I'm just really anxious.  I want to go & get it over with & know that the bad cells are gone.  

(Backstory: I had an irregular pap again this year, the cells came back as stage-2, I'm having cryosurgery tonight to have the bad cells frozen off of my cervix). 

My appointment is for 6pm & apparently it will only take about 10 minutes for the entire procedure!  I ate a super healthy breakfast & plan to have a salad for lunch so I can splurge on dinner tonight aftewards :)

Keep me occupied ladies.  Two things:  1) What's your favorite splurge meal?  2) Name 1 place you're dying to travel to.  

SUPER EXTRA BONUS POINTS FOR PICS (pictures make me happy)!

Re: Today's the day...

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Thinking about you! You'll do fine and it will be over before you know it. Definitely splurge on dinner and drinks tonight :)

1) What's your favorite splurge meal?
    A pint of ice cream. And yes, it's totally a meal. Don't judge.

2) Name 1 place you're dying to travel to.  Only one? Ok fine...Norway. TK ate my pictures so here's some links
    http://www.rei.com/graphics/adventures/trips/europe/NOR_LRG.jpg
    http://classictravelling.com/wp-content/uploads/Scandinavia/.thumbs/.Ulvik__Hardangerfjord___Norway.jpg
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    Good luck tonight!!!

Answers to your questions:

1. Lobster.  OMG I love lobster.  It's just too damn expensive.  BF and I tried to go out to a nice dinner Monday night, and the lobster tail dinner on the menu was $47.  Holy mother of Jeezus.  We ended up walking out though.  The gluten free menu had stuff on it, but everything was completely dry.  They took freaking CAPERS out of the lemon butter sauce.  Ridiculous.

2. Greece.  Although at this point I've been informed that I am going.  No getting out of it.  This is where BF's family lives:

I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_todays-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7e43db1a-b21d-4e1c-88d4-2186f0be19d8Post:5b7c1d77-f593-4bd2-afad-8e34b6473994">Re: Today's the day...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Today's the day... : No judgement here! I couldn't agree more. I would kill for a pint of Haagen-Dazs Coffee Heath Bar Crunch!  Wow. I had no idea Norway was so beautiful! <strong>I might need to add that to my bucket list of travel locations!</strong> That picture of the people kayaking (canoeing? I don't know the difference apparently) on the lake between the mountains is stunning!
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]
    Save your pennies! It's one of the most expensive places to travel. We wanted to do it for our honeymoon until we realized how much everything costs. Maybe someday...
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Good luck! Ten minutes doesn't sound bad at all!! I think that pint of ice cream sounds good. I think my ultimate snack food would be nachos and chocolate milk. I've been craving nachos lately though, so that may not be what I'd choose every day. Cheesecake sounds good too, lol. I'd love to travel to Ireland, New Zealand and again to Spain.

ETA: Sorry about the weird issues with the pictures, lol.
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I indulge in pot stickers. Lot and lots of ling ling potstickers:

And I want to go to Tuscany:

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_todays-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7e43db1a-b21d-4e1c-88d4-2186f0be19d8Post:e3c0e3ee-78b0-491b-b917-849bd91d5cad">Re: Today's the day...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Peek - what part of Greece is that?? Not that it matters, it's all gorgeous and lovely. 1. Favorite splurge:   I'm a fat kid at heart, there are so many:<strong> mac and cheese</strong>, a delicious lemon chicken I make, pierogies with sour cream, waffles and ice cream.  Everything I can't eat on WW because one meal will be my points for the day. :P 2. Place I'm dying to go: Anywhere hot - Mexico would be nice. <strong> My shower was lukewarm this morning and it was miserableeeeee.</strong>  I just want hot.  But also - I want to visit the places in Greece I didn't get to see last time I was there.  
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

<div>I want mac & cheese now!  The kind that gets crispy on top.</div><div>
    </div><div>Why?!  That is miserable, I'd probably be cranky for the rest of the day. </div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_todays-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7e43db1a-b21d-4e1c-88d4-2186f0be19d8Post:9a318366-f3a5-4399-85c4-128f26623a65">Re: Today's the day...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good luck! Ten minutes doesn't sound bad at all!! I think that pint of ice cream sounds good. I think<strong> my ultimate snack food would be nachos </strong>and chocolate milk. I've been craving nachos lately though, so that may not be what I'd choose every day. Cheesecake sounds good too, lol.<strong> I'd love to travel to Ireland,</strong> New Zealand and again to Spain. ETA: Sorry about the weird issues with the pictures, lol.
    Posted by elannis[/QUOTE]

<div>I was at the Devils game last night & someone walked by with nachos with chili, cheese, jalepenos, & sour cream on top.  I almost tackled him down the stairs for them.</div><div>
    </div><div>I want to go to Ireland someday also!</div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_todays-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7e43db1a-b21d-4e1c-88d4-2186f0be19d8Post:63637430-399a-44ab-852b-6a03ca5a3fdb">Re: Today's the day...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Today's the day... : I was at the Devils game last night & someone walked by with nachos with chili, cheese, jalepenos, & sour cream on top.  I almost tackled him down the stairs for them. I want to go to Ireland someday also!
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

I think nachos are awesome because you can put pretty much any topping on them and they're still good.

I think we should have an Ireland NEY G2G some day! : ) We can just wait until we all have some money for something like that, lol. Did everyone give up on the cruise ship idea?
    -Ely

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_todays-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7e43db1a-b21d-4e1c-88d4-2186f0be19d8Post:05499c72-a1bf-4f66-86a7-5bbd553a17c1">Re: Today's the day...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Get those yucky cells out!  Big pink puffy hearts for you! Favorite splurge meal: Something Italian with lots of red sauce and ten different kinds of cheese...nom! Place I want to go: <strong>I would love love love to go back to Paris</strong>
    Posted by laurenb09[/QUOTE]

<div>I think I'm the only person ever to feel this way, but I just did not love Paris.  Maybe I built it up so much in my head before getting there but I just didn't like it as much as I thought I would.  I was disappointed to find out that the rumors about French people being rude was true, at least to us they were.  And I speak a little bit of French so we were actually making an effort to speak the language while we were there. It was a major let-down for me :(</div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_todays-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7e43db1a-b21d-4e1c-88d4-2186f0be19d8Post:3b1ba701-3621-421c-a843-4547565f9230">Re: Today's the day...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I indulge in pot stickers. Lot and lots of ling ling potstickers: And I want to go to Tuscany:
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm not a fan of potstickers but FI absolutely loooooves them. </div><div>
    </div><div>That picture is beautiful. Sigh. I want to be rich so I can go everywhere!</div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_todays-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7e43db1a-b21d-4e1c-88d4-2186f0be19d8Post:46b1db5f-c1a7-4cf2-8a72-d48297836cfd">Re: Today's the day...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Today's the day... : I think nachos are awesome because you can put pretty much any topping on them and they're still good. I think we should have an Ireland NEY G2G some day! : ) <strong>We can just wait until we all have some money for something like that, lol. Did everyone give up on the cruise ship idea?</strong>
    Posted by elannis[/QUOTE]

<div>Maybe one of us can win the lottery :)</div><div>
    </div><div>I think the last we talked we decided to definitely not do the cruise because they can get so expensive.  I remember we all sent emails choosing our top places in the US that we'd like to go to for a possible G2G but I don't think it went anywhere after that!</div>

• Options
    Good luck with everything!

My favorite splurge meal by far is boneless wings from BWW and their fried pickles, yum!

Place im dying to go would be a tour of Europe for about 2-3 wks. Sorry no pix

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_todays-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7e43db1a-b21d-4e1c-88d4-2186f0be19d8Post:51b945e1-524c-4e1a-b907-96c7e24959b7">Re: Today's the day...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Today's the day... : Maybe one of us can win the lottery :) I think the last we talked we decided to definitely not do the cruise because they can get so expensive.  I remember we all sent emails choosing our top places in the US that we'd like to go to for a possible G2G but I don't think it went anywhere after that!
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

I so wish I could win the lottery, but I'd be boringly responsible and pay off loans before doing anything fun, lol, and then I'd put money down for a house. Yeah, I'm boring, I know, lol.

Just a random thought: Does anyone know what year TK was established? I just have this funny vision of us all having a G2G when we're all gray and wrinkly, lol. I wonder how long people have been keeping in touch since it's been made ... because obviously we love it too much to leave even after we are engaged/married, lol.
    -Ely

• Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2012
    Get those yucky cells out!!!

I love surf and turf. A nice filet mignon and a side of lobster tail... yes please!

2) Name 1 place you're dying to travel to. 
    Bora Bora or somewhere equally exotic.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Good luck tonight! I'm sure things will go great.

I can't pick one favorite meal, but I'm so excited for a meal I'm having this weekend. We're going into Philly for restaurant week, and we're going to this place I went once before, and ate what was possibly the best meal of my life. No pics, but here are the menu descriptions of what I plan on eating:

Caprese Mozzarella
    tomato with fresh mozzarella, basil and roasted peppers

Gnocchi Gorgonzola

Pollo Fantasia
    chicken cutlet sautéed with asparagus, topped with mozzarella cheese in lemon white wine sauce

Tiramisu

It's definitely going to use up all of my weekly points, but it's going to be soooo worth it. Yummmm.

Travel wise, I'd love to go to Ireland:

And, wherever this is (found the pic on Pinterest...looks amazing, right?)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_todays-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7e43db1a-b21d-4e1c-88d4-2186f0be19d8Post:14296c95-5185-4df7-a34f-fd19d81a8808">Today's the day...</a>:
    [QUOTE] 1) What's your favorite splurge meal?  2) Name 1 place you're dying to travel to.   SUPER EXTRA BONUS POINTS FOR PICS (pictures make me happy)!
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

YAY for cancer cell removal day! I'll be thinking about you today. My sister had the same procedure done. She had said she was uncomfortable after, but was otherwise fine.

1. Steak, garlic mashed potatoes, and a margarita (or three)
    3. Hawaii for our honeymoon!! Picture can be found <a href="http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUrl-g60616-d114041-a_aim.Thumbnail-a_area.Thumbnail-fHotel_Review-r0.html" rel="nofollow">HERE</a>
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_todays-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7e43db1a-b21d-4e1c-88d4-2186f0be19d8Post:2e2a061c-75a3-421e-ae3a-3ffc889745cb">Re: Today's the day...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Get those yucky cells out!!! 1) What's your favorite splurge meal?   I love surf and turf. A nice filet mignon and a side of lobster tail... yes please! 2) Name 1 place you're dying to travel to.  <strong>Bora Bora or somewhere equally exotic.</strong>
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

<div>Sigh. Me too. </div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_todays-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7e43db1a-b21d-4e1c-88d4-2186f0be19d8Post:42e31652-335e-4f65-aac2-5914e4ae1af7">Re: Today's the day...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good luck tonight! I'm sure things will go great. I can't pick one favorite meal, but I'm so excited for a meal I'm having this weekend. We're going into Philly for restaurant week, and we're going to this place I went once before, and ate what was possibly the best meal of my life. No pics, but here are the menu descriptions of what I plan on eating: Caprese Mozzarella tomato with fresh mozzarella, basil and roasted peppers Gnocchi Gorgonzola Pollo Fantasia chicken cutlet sautéed with asparagus, topped with mozzarella cheese in lemon white wine sauce Tiramisu It's definitely going to use up all of my weekly points, but it's going to be soooo worth it. Yummmm. Travel wise, I'd love to go to Ireland: <strong>And, wherever this is (found the pic on Pinterest...looks amazing, right?)</strong>
    Posted by jorja86[/QUOTE]

<div>Beyond amazing.  And so expensive.  I would kill to do that for our honeymoon. Anyone wanna lend me some money? </div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_todays-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7e43db1a-b21d-4e1c-88d4-2186f0be19d8Post:2ba3b7dd-8b10-4c5d-8d9c-2343708b33e7">Re: Today's the day...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Today's the day... : YAY for cancer cell removal day! I'll be thinking about you today. My sister had the same procedure done. She had said she was uncomfortable after, but was otherwise fine. 1. Steak, garlic mashed potatoes, and a margarita (or three) 3. <strong>Hawaii for our honeymoon!</strong>! Picture can be found HERE
    Posted by NurseyK[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow that looks absolutely amazing!!!!  Definitely get the beach-side massage, it's heavenly!  Hawaii is another place we're considering for our honeymoon.  Are you staying at the same hotel the whole time?  Going island hopping?  </div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_todays-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7e43db1a-b21d-4e1c-88d4-2186f0be19d8Post:dfa29440-23e6-4e8f-9d74-cef2caaa2bfa">Re: Today's the day...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yayyyyy!!! I'm so happy that the day has come, and that you aren't nervous anymore :) Everything will go swimmingly :) And yes, you totally deserve a splurgey dinner. 1) Roast chicken dinner is NOM. Mashed potatoes and gravy must be just about the best combination of flavors and comfort on the planet. 2) Yea, I NEED to go to Ireland someday.
    Posted by csousa1[/QUOTE]

<div>I definitely need garlic mashed tonight.  Thank you for that :)</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>

• Options
    Sorry guys - I've spent my morning chopping fish and feeding sharks!

That part of Greece is Kos Island.  I'm really excited.  I did tell BF that if/when I get to go, I'll probably spend some money on things like, a nice sundress and bathing suit.  He told me he expected me to.  :)
    I french with my man
  • Options
    Depends what I'm in the mood for. Today, Thai food sounds divine. 

2) Name 1 place you're dying to travel to. 
    I'm going to ditto Tiger on Bora Bora or somewhere else beachy and exotic. While I'm dreaming, I'd fly first class! :)

Good luck tonight, RDR! I'll be thinking calming, healing, healthy thoughts for you and your lady parts. <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Big hugs & lots of love for you & your cervix :-)

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_todays-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7e43db1a-b21d-4e1c-88d4-2186f0be19d8Post:a5d7ba34-f9d1-40dc-ac33-817ddc7f8905">Re: Today's the day...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good luck rdr, it'll be okay and it is really quick.   1. Splurge meal would be a <strong>melt in your mouth steak </strong>and tons of veg. 2. I really want to go to Iceland.
    Posted by Hazel_B[/QUOTE]

<div>I believe this is what I'm going to have for dinner tonight :)</div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_todays-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7e43db1a-b21d-4e1c-88d4-2186f0be19d8Post:7de3ca0d-9458-4425-9eac-1ea6c9a211bc">Re: Today's the day...</a>:
    [QUOTE]1) What's your favorite splurge meal?   Depends what I'm in the mood for. Today, <strong>Thai food sounds divine</strong>.  2) Name 1 place you're dying to travel to.  I'm going to ditto Tiger on Bora Bora or somewhere else beachy and exotic. While I'm dreaming,<strong> I'd fly first class! </strong>:) Good luck tonight, RDR! I'll be thinking calming, healing, healthy thoughts for you and your lady parts. <3
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

<div>Mmmm pad thai! </div><div>
    </div><div>This would be amazing! I've never flown 1st class anywhere. </div>

• Options
    Liv, Bri & everyone else: thank you so much for your words & hugs!!!!

• Options
    I hope everything goes well for you

My splurge meal would be Chinese food.
    Sweet and Sour Chicken, Fried Shrimp and Pork Chow Mein

My travel destination is still in debate.
    My S/O and I both want to go to Ireland to visit his family, but I also want to go to Greece to visit mine.
    It'll be a toss up but I'm likely to enjoy either place.
    Insert random message here.
  • Options
    I hope everything goes well tonight. 
    My splurge meal would be a big plate of mashed potatoes.  Or may be a huge piece of chocolate cake, chocolate cake IS a meal.

I must take BF to Paris I've told him , unfortunately with going to 5 weddings this year 2 of which are out of state it's not possible.  I want to go to Rome, (again) and Ireland a lot.   I know I can't choose just one place, especially when it comes to travel.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards