Not Engaged Yet

Re: I'm bored but really?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    At least she considers herself engaged and calls him her FI.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I read this... She is at least "engaged" and he just hasn't bought a ring yet. But she does seem a bit nutty lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    wink0erinwink0erin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I read it as an engagement without a ring, since she calls him FI and says they picked the date/venue together it sounds like they're engaged. This only really works if the FI knows he's being called FI though, lol.

It made me laugh though since she "totally hated him at first, like real bad."

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It sounds a bit strange to me, I think if you don't want/beleive in a ring then being engaged without one is fine. But being engaged months before the ring is just strange. That means all of us on NEY are potentially engaged. Call me strange but I want the whole package. The guy, the ring, then the wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-bored-but-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a19f54e8-9d1b-4bb0-94ec-79f7c3094112Post:effc952a-d2aa-4e93-b6b5-2889dec5b511">Re: I'm bored but really?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It sounds a bit strange to me, I think if you don't want/beleive in a ring then being engaged without one is fine. But being engaged months before the ring is just strange. <strong>That means all of us on NEY are potentially engaged</strong>. Call me strange but I want the whole package. The guy, the ring, then the wedding!
    Posted by jspeed83[/QUOTE]

Not if you don't consider yourself engaged and call your S.O. your fiance it doesn't.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just curious, what does BSC mean?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-bored-but-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a19f54e8-9d1b-4bb0-94ec-79f7c3094112Post:0aa04fe3-3bcf-4448-94c4-b37f718420e3">Re: I'm bored but really?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just curious, what does BSC mean?
    Posted by tdwpg1984[/QUOTE]

Bat Sh!t Crazy. It is the NEY preferred term for Pre-Planners.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I see where you are coming from but I'm pretty sure she didn't say whether she preferred to have a ring or not. But she did book a venue... He hasn't proposed yet. I know you can be engaged technically without a ring but to what extent?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-bored-but-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a19f54e8-9d1b-4bb0-94ec-79f7c3094112Post:feb762f8-59d1-44e3-bd0b-6ee399d3fcdd">Re: I'm bored but really?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm bored but really? : Bat Sh!t Crazy. It is the NEY preferred term for Pre-Planners.
    Posted by swhite2012[/QUOTE]
    Ahhh. I thought that's what it stood for, (in terms of the words themselves) but knowing that it's refering to pre-planners is helpful! Thanks!
  • Options
    misikesmisikes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, did anyone else have a case of deja vu? I had to check the OP date just to make sure this wasn't an outdated thread I was about to post in, haha.

In response to jspeed, most of us are like that (wanting the ring, the proposal, etc.), but unfortunately, there are a lot of girls who just want to get engaged fast, and if that means waiting on a ring, they're fine with that.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards