Chit Chat

Wedding Dresses & Surgery..?!?

Hello.I am planning my wedding for about October 2010. It's hard to know for sure at this point because my fiance is in the military, so dates are always a toughy.As far as dress shopping goes I need a little advice. I have always wanted to have breast augmentation surgery since I was young and in H.S.Now that I have a good career and can afford it, I am debating on whether to have the surgery done before or after my wedding. I haven't looked at any dresses yet so I was wondering what you ladies suggest? I'm about 5'9 and 135 pounds. I have a small chest and of course don't want to go very big with my surgery. I don't know if I will look better in my wedding dress with a slightly larger bust.Any ideas? Thanks! =)

Re: Wedding Dresses & Surgery..?!?

• do it now, or every time you look at wedding photos you will be focused on the boob area
  • Try wearing cutlets every single day for a month. Honestly I think that surgery to make boobs bigger for no medical reason is shallow . To put your health at risk for vanity is just so sad. However this is a choice you and FI and your doctors shoudl make. But there are cultets and padded bras that do not put your health and future ability to nurse kids at risk. Also your FI loves you for who you are.  So forget how chesty you look and focus on what a lovely woman you are already
  • I disagree ffmaid completely. My sis is about the same height and weight as you described and she too was very small. She just got implants and LOVES them. She has had them for about a year. I think that people are really quick to judge someone for their reasons on getting implants. For my sister, she couldn't even by nice work clothes/suits that fit. She was terribly self-consious and woulld always cover up. There is NOTHING wrong with a woman's choice to get breast augmentation. Nothing.
  • Thank you. I personally have struggled with this since I was a preteen, making me very self conscious my whole life.And although it is seen as a superficial decision because it is done solely for looks, it is hard to deny that this is the reality of the world we live in. I think my first step in this decision should be to go dress shopping pre-surgery, see how the dresses look and fit. (Which I should not be surprised that I may not like what I see since I find shopping to be such a bummer every time I try to find something nice. This whole small chest thing is not easy when trying to find a cute dress & I end up looking silly because I am swimming in the top section.)Eek. Wish me luck. hah
  • Good luck! I'm sure whatever you decide, you will look gorgeous. If you do decide to get the surgery, Maybe try and do it before Christmas. My sis was fine and running (literally. she's a runner) after about 4 months, but I would give it a good year ;)
  • i would get it done ASAP. and then after you heal get your dress, you still have plenty of time to get a dress. GL
  • I had mine done and I would deff do it before the wedding. The sooner the better. I didn't go huge at all but now I at least have something, before I had nothing. I have had it done for about a year and 4 months.
  • Personally if I were to get breast augmentation surgery I would do it before the wedding. I think that you will FEEL better and FEEL sexier after the surgery. IMHO
  • Thanks! Great advice. I've talked to my fiance about it. He will support me in what ever I decide to do. Thanks for all your input ladies.
  • I definitely think that if you are going to get it done, get it done before the wedding. You want to look and feel your best on your wedding day, and obviously the surgery will help you feel better about yourself. I have considered breat augmentation too...I'm a really tiny girl (5'4", 105lbs), and I have no boobs either. I doubt I ever will...scares me too much, as much as I'd love to be able to fill out a top properly.
    He pretty much had me at "hello".
    -- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --
  • If you want it done get it done. I dont think it is "shallow" as that other stupid person said. As long as you will feel better about yourself and your only doing it for yourself no one else go for it. And you can still breast feed in the future, there is nothing that says you cant. i got my done with dr mchugh in houston. you can read his website for info. I am 5'1 and like 105 and went from an A to a med C. most ppl that i have know for a while didnt even notice the change which was good because they looked natural. I promise that you will enjoy looking back on pictures if you are happy with the way you look.
  • I never post on this board, but I do lurk some.  Just wanted to chime in a bit here.   I had breast augmentation last summer.  Like you, I had no desire to go HUGE but literally had NOTHING.  I was wearing the "nearly A" and not filling it out.  I got 375CC, which made me a small C cup.  I agree with PP, just get it done plenty early so that there will be no swelling or boobs up under your chin on your wedding day.  It's a personal choice, and I can't imagine why it would bother anyone if you want to have a surgery that YOU want and can afford to do. 
  • I would look at some wedding dresses online or go try some on in the store. If you aren't statisfied with the way you look in them and feel like you would like a little more where the twins are then get it done. But i would also suggest going and talking to a plastic surgeon and finding out what the recoop time is. For my MOH her recoop time for her tummy tuck and boob job is 6 weeks. From my point of view you have plenty of time. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards