July 2012 Weddings
Options

Wondering if I'm an ungrateful B - DD done to avoid anymore tears from others - sorry

I've decided to remove this since I just wanted to vent but have since been told to STFU

Re: Wondering if I'm an ungrateful B - DD done to avoid anymore tears from others - sorry

• Options
    If you are upset that it was a derby party with a shower thrown in then yes you are being a little ungrateful. 

However as you said I would just let things go with your MOH maybe she was just in a mood, it happens.  But i understand being a little upset that she seemed off but I wouldnt make a big deal out of it. 

Enjoy the baptism!
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I understand why you were upset other than your MOH. 

It sounds like it was a fun themed shower, but what do you mean by feeling like it was a derby party with a shower thrown in?  

Why don't you have a talk with your MOH and see what is going on with her? Maybe she is going through something. Put everything wedding related aside and be her friend.

I don't see a problem with a baptism being planned the day after your shower. I think that's a great idea since people are already together (or in town) so they'd not need to travel twice?
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

OK FOR REAL, do you want to hear what my FMIL did? She offered to throw me a shower, kept bragging to everyone about how she was throwing me a shower, and then 3 weeks before it was supposed to happen, withdrew her offer. But you know what? Sh!t happens. I was bummed, but over it in 2.5 seconds. There are also other girls not having a shower at all.

I'm so glad you recognize that you sound ungrateful and bratty, but seriously STFU. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Skyjewell23Skyjewell23 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wondering-if-im-an-ungrateful-b?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:01b51b22-ca0a-437c-920d-9174418d8672Post:1c2819ec-9ff5-403d-b174-d0c28089e134">Re: Wondering if I'm an ungrateful B</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK FOR REAL, do you want to hear what my FMIL did? She offered to throw me a shower, kept bragging to everyone about how she was throwing me a shower, and then 3 weeks before it was supposed to happen, withdrew her offer. But you know what? Sh!t happens. I was bummed, but over it in 2.5 seconds. There are also other girls not having a shower at all. I'm so glad you recognize that you sound ungrateful and bratty, but seriously STFU. 
    Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]

<div>Was this really necessary? I'm going to go ahead and assume you had already read her edits before posting this, in which she admitted that she needed to step back and reevaluate the situation. She also turned her point of view completely around and realized her mistakes. There was no reason to jump on her case now. </div><div>
    </div><div>I think this reply was completely ridiuclous. I think you are the one who now needs to step back and take a chill pill lady.

*EDIT: just realized the time the posts were made is completley wrong on the knot for some reason, so if by chance you hadn't read her edits before posting this completely ignore what is posted above :)</div>
    TTC December 2012 BFP: 2.07.13 EDD: 10.23.13 photo WHOOPWHOOP2-1.jpg BabyFruit Ticker Our Adventure To 3
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wondering-if-im-an-ungrateful-b?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:01b51b22-ca0a-437c-920d-9174418d8672Post:b091376a-f61f-4095-a889-5b1696fa87c1">Re: Wondering if I'm an ungrateful B</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wondering if I'm an ungrateful B : Was this really necessary? I'm going to go ahead and assume you had already read her edits before posting this, in which she admitted that she needed to step back and reevaluate the situation. She also turned her point of view completely around and realized her mistakes. There was no reason to jump on her case now.  I think this reply was completely ridiuclous. I think you are the one who now needs to step back and take a chill pill lady. *EDIT: just realized the time the posts were made is completley wrong on the knot for some reason, so if by chance you hadn't read her edits before posting this completely ignore what is posted above :)
    Posted by Skyjewell23[/QUOTE]

Nope, I had posted everything yesterday morning by 11:30am CST...that last response was after I had gone to bed last night, so it was only seen post edits. Thank you for the kind words though
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards