Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Appliqué placement on dress

Hi ladies - just wanted to get some opinions on additional appliques on my dress. I purchased Cabo by Two by Rosa Clara - it wasn't actually my first choice but the cut is more flattering on my body and the style of the skirt is pretty much the same as my first choice, which is Cesar (also by Two by Rosa Clara). The major difference is the lack of beading on my dress, which is why I liked Cesar so much. It had the right amount of beading and is just beautiful.

My dress has this flower applique right under the bust. I guess they kind of look like...sunflowers? I'm not sure. Anyway, it blends right into the dress. While it's very pretty, I'm not crazy about it and the seamstress said we could turn it into a hair piece or something instead. There is also a gathering of the material on the bottom left of my hip which is crying out for something, anything. So, my idea was to replace the flower applique with something shinier and then add a brooch or something to the gathering. However, the seamstress and sales manager at the store said that it would be overkill and take away from the actual style of the dress and from me, and that I should only add the applique or brooch to either the bust or the gathering, but not both. 

Can you ladies take a look at the dress and let me know what you think? Would both spots be overkill? What appliques and/or brooch would look best? I want it to sparkle and have BLING but definitely don't want to overdo it either. Thoughts? TIA!

Re: Appliqué placement on dress

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards