Snarky Brides
Options

Hey, here's some cool news

Our best man was just nominated for a federal judgeship. 

H was funny - he is just so tickled and proud of his best friend, but he said he was thinking "gosh, he's so young to be a federal judge" before he remembered that no, they're both 50.  That's about the right age for the job. 

Re: Hey, here's some cool news

• Options
    LOL about your H's reaction, OWN.  That's really great news!  Congrats to your BM.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    You can, like, get out of tickets now.
  • Options
    That's really cute of him. Congrats to your BM!
  • Options
    That's awesome OWN :)
  • Options
    That's amazing  Congrats!
  • Options
    Awesome!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hey-heres-cool-news?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:686c3844-6ca1-4a87-b027-33d0958e7abbPost:bf9ed95c-a99f-46f3-97b0-9d6ab46e48c6">Re: Hey, here's some cool news</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can, like, get out of tickets now.
    Posted by zippityb[/QUOTE]

Or criminal charges! Congrats to him!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thats great news OWN! I love it when my DH suddenly remembers how old he is.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh wow, awesome!
  • Options
    that is some cool news!
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    I think being nominated for a federal judgeship reeks of cool.

Congrats to your best man!  That's seriously awesome.
    panther
  • Options
    That's great!
  • Options
    That is some cool news!  Good for him.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Great news!  That's cool.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone!  It really is awesome for him.  He deserves it, too - he's one of the most hardworking, dedicated, intelligent people I've ever met.  And to boot, he's kind and generous and warm and welcoming.  He and Mark have been friends since the 2d grade.  His best man's toast at our wedding was the only thing during the whole night that bought me to tears. 

If the confirmation process messes with him, I'll be seriously angry.  He will be an amazing judge and I really hope politics don't screw it up.  He was endorsed by a D and an R, so I hope that helps. 
  • Options
    Aw wow - 2nd grade!  That's fairly impressive!

Our best man has been friends with Ben since they were in 4th grade - he's kind of a big goofball and we're halfway worried he'll toast to something stupid, but on the other hand - I do know he'll say something amazing.  I'm getting all misty now thinking about it.

I bawled all the way through my sister's wedding (I was maid of honor) and I kept looking at the best man all the way through the wedding - he'd just look at me like, "calm down it's okay!"  He was a total rock.  But then at the reception he just broke down like a child giving his toast - not a dry eye in the damn place.
    panther
  • Options
    Oh that's so great! good for him!
  • Options
    Yay! Congrats to your friend, Own.
  • Options
    WOW, congrats to your Best Man! that is an accomplishment indeed.
  • Options
    That's awesome. Now you can say you have "connections" :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards