Ohio-Toledo
Options

Since it's kind of slow around here lately...

Let's do another poll!

On your wedding day, how long will you and your FI have been together?

Do you watch sports?  If yes, what teams do you follow?

Least favorite household chore?

Where do you shop for groceries?

Do you collect anything?
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Since it's kind of slow around here lately...

• Options
    aholtsbaholtsb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    7 years 364 days.  Our wedding is the day before our 8 year anniversary

I went to BG and I love watching hockey there, but that is about it.

Cleaning the toilet

Meijer

Do you collect anything?
    Shot glasses,  I get on every time I visit a new place.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Arayx2Arayx2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We will have been together  6 1/2 years - OMG LOL

I watch - College Football, Baseball, Basketball, and Wrestling
    HUGE U OF M Fan - Cubs Fan,  Celtics follower, and All wrestling!

Folding the d*mn laundry

Guilty of Wal Mart Shopping- Wish Meijer was closer

Do you collect anything?
    No but if I did - hmm I would collect angel figurines

***ADDED QUESTIONS****
    What is your favorite color ?
    Where is your favorite local place to eat?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    edited December 2011
    We were together 5 and 1/2 years way back then. :)

DH loves everything sports so I somewhat follow anything ESPN covers.  But we eat, sleep, and breathe college football.  I almost want summer to be over so football starts. We cheer for OSU.  I also pretty closely follow buckeye college basketball and the red wings *tears*.

Cleaning the shower/bathtub.

I shop at Walmart for the majority of things.  However, I usually try to buy produce from Monette's and meat from The House Of Meats.

Do you collect anything?
    Anything and everything Christmas. I have ornaments from every place that we've traveled as well as just tons of other personal ones.  In addition, I have all my shelves, window sills, dining room table, tops of dressers, etc. decorated too.  I have 2 full size trees, and a couple table top ones too.  I wanted to buy another full size tree after Christmas last year but DH was not on board... I'm borderline crazy.  Ha!

ADDED QUESTIONS****
    Probably green.  Though not in clothes... I own very few green clothing items.

It's not necessarily just local, but I love Olive Garden.  Hands down that's my favorite!
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_its-kind-of-slow-around-here-lately?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:06dcd65d-2970-4f17-bbe6-b98627eb04b1Post:f201357d-8abe-48b7-9e88-b5cc5cb15b0e">Re: Since it's kind of slow around here lately...</a>:
    [QUOTE]On your wedding day, how long will you and your FI have been together? We will have been together  6 1/2 years - OMG LOL Do you watch sports?  If yes, what teams do you follow? I watch - College Football, Baseball, Basketball, and Wrestling <strong>HUGE U OF M Fan</strong> - Cubs Fan,  Celtics follower, and All wrestling! Least favorite household chore? Folding the d*mn laundry Where do you shop for groceries? Guilty of Wal Mart Shopping- Wish Meijer was closer Do you collect anything? No but if I did - hmm I would collect angel figurines *** ADDED QUESTIONS**** What is your favorite color ? Where is your favorite local place to eat?
    Posted by Arayx2[/QUOTE]

You and I are going to have fun this fall.  You better get your tissues ready!  It's on! 
  • Options
    Arayx2Arayx2 member
    edited December 2011
    Oh I love a rivalry when it is fun!!  Lol - I actually had Tressell Speak at a local banquet here in toledo March 14th and It was tolerable.

Have you ever checked out my pictures on TK. I have a picture of my FH, Marcus (myson) and I with Denard Robinson....

I have to say this but with the biggest smile - GO BLUE
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    On your wedding day, how long will you and your FI have been together?  3.5 years

Do you watch sports?  If yes, what teams do you follow?  Yep!  I'm a HUGE OSU fan (living in Ann Arbor, of all things).  DH loves the Tigers and Red Wings, so I see pieces of that a lot.

Least favorite household chore?  DISHES.

Where do you shop for groceries?  Kroger and Meijer.  I prefer Kroger, but the Kroger by me is TINY so I do big trips at Meijer.

Do you collect anything?  Nothing is coming to mind, so I guess not.

Fave color:  Purple
    Fave local (Toledo) place to eat:  Calvino's!  Yummmm...
  • Options
    Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    3 years, 4 months

Go STEELERS! And Penguins :)  I moved to Pittsburgh 6 years ago. Pitt for college football, followed by Buckeyes.

Laundry.

Where do you shop for groceries?  Its all Giant Eagle out here.

Do you collect anything?  Willow Tree angels, less so than I used to because I have no place to put them all!

Fave color
    :  Blue and pink

Fave local (Toledo) place to eat:  Mancy's Italian is the first place that comes to mind. I love Gino's pizza too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    On your wedding day, how long will you and your FI have been together? 8 years, 3 months!

None. Thankfully FI isn't crazy about sports either...

Least favorite household chore? Putting away laundry, uggh!

Where do you shop for groceries?  Meijer

Do you collect anything?  Frogs! I love all things frogs (except the live ones!)

Fave color
    :  Purple

Fave local (Toledo) place to eat:  Marco's Pizza..yumm!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Arayx2Arayx2 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_its-kind-of-slow-around-here-lately?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:06dcd65d-2970-4f17-bbe6-b98627eb04b1Post:0b554f08-eeaf-42af-a3df-fa5efc17c4a0">Re: Since it's kind of slow around here lately...</a>:
    [QUOTE]On your wedding day, how long will you and your FI have been together?   3.5 years Do you watch sports?  If yes, what teams do you follow?   <strong>Yep!  I'm a HUGE OSU fan (living in Ann Arbor, of all things).</strong>  DH loves the Tigers and Red Wings, so I see pieces of that a lot. Least favorite household chore?  DISHES. Where do you shop for groceries?  Kroger and Meijer.  I prefer Kroger, but the Kroger by me is TINY so I do big trips at Meijer. Do you collect anything?  Nothing is coming to mind, so I guess not. Fave color:  Purple Fave local (Toledo) place to eat:  Calvino's!  Yummmm...
    Posted by abbeylynne06[/QUOTE]

We have a couple that are good friends that live there to and are OSU fans lol. We love going up to Ann Arbor. I love Good Time Charlie's!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    medatcmedatc member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    1 year, 10 months and 19 days
    Yes, lots of them, for work and pleasure. I follow the Indians and OSU. FI follows the Red Sox, Liverpool EPL and the Philladelphia Eagles
    Putting laundry away
    Kroger or Meijer
    Do you collect anything?
    Yarn, don't really collect it intentionally I just buy it faster than I can use it.
    ***ADDED QUESTIONS****
    Green for both of us
    Granite City, Ruby Tuesdays, Glendale Garden
  • Options
    courtney1188courtney1188 member
    edited December 2011
    I'll play...don't post here much but would like to more now that I'm both living and working so close to Toledo.

2 1/2 years.

Nope, neither of us are sports fans at all. Which is good, I would be a nightmare fiancee for a sports fan, I get so annoyed with it haha. We go to the occasional Tiger or Mudhens game just to be a good sport for his parents who love them.

Laundry! Hate it.

Mostly Kroger, although FI will occasionally pick up things from Monette's. Sorry if I spelled it wrong...still new to the area and learning.

Do you collect anything?
    FI collects guitar/Beatles related things. I love anything Disney - not really kiddish stuff, but for example I have a gorgeous Thomas Kincaid print of a Cinderella Castle painting.

ADDED QUESTIONS****
    Blue, that's something FI and me have in common. Although apparantely his family still thinks it's green. Every time it comes up and I say blue they look at me like I'm nuts and say I'm wrong, and he reminds them that he changed it aboutt en years ago. Next time it comes up this same thing takes place. It's a bit amusing at this point.

Well, it's a chain, but I love Applebees. Locally I like Spaghetti Warehouse.
  • Options
    jesselyn&kjesselyn&k member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We will have been together for four years and four days. =]

I do like to watch dance and cheerleading competitions, but I don't have a favorite team. I'm kind of glad my fiance isn't a "sports guy." And to think I used to work at a sporting goods store...

Washing the dishes!

I prefer Kroger... FI prefers Wal-Mart. I actually work at an independent grocery store in the Toledo area, but I rarely shop there.

Do you collect anything?
    Nope!

What is your favorite color?
    Purple

Mancino's. I love their grinders!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards