Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

B&M Monday

Good Morning Ladies. So to start on a positive note, I had a great wedding shower yesterday! 

On another note, my DJ is offering his services as the groupon side deal... for roughly half of what we are paying him for the same amount of time.   I'm trying to decide exactly how I feel about that.

Re: B&M Monday

• Options
    bethlovesjimbethlovesjim member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    can you buy and use the coupon?
    They only offer 10 of them
    first camping trip engagement
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know... I was considering asking him if I can buy it and use it for the balance.   I haven't decided what to do.  FI says it doesn't hurt to ask, but at the same time I feel bad because what we are paying is a fair price I think.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a pimple on my lip.  How does one getting a pimple ON their lip??  I've gotten them next to my lip but never ON the actual lip.  It hurts like hell.

I ended up staining my fence for pretty much the entire weekend.  I'm tired and  a little sunburned and I still have to go back and touch up next weekend.  I know it's worth it, but I'm exhausted.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tiffany, I would totally ask to use the groupon! The worst that happens is that he says no..

Thankfully, I don't have a lot to complain about today... we got a lot done this weekend.... signed a contract with our photographer and got e-pics back, I FINALLY ordered my dress, and we booked our honeymoon in Honolulu! Yay! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have absolutely nothing to complain about. I finished my first marathon and I'm just a little sore in the legs when standing up or sitting.  The weather was perfect the entire time.  I finished in 5:44:31.  Definitely not in first, but not in last either.  woohoo.

Now I can mark that off my list and never do it again!
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate health insurance (and I don't think it's going to get better any time before 2017)!  I just spent fifteen minutes on the phone with the drug coverage people trying to get them to turn off the home delivery option on prescriptions.  They transferred me around, etc.  Plus we also got a letter from Aetna that they want us to send documentation on why I needed to be in the hospital for eight of the eleven days.  Shoot me now because I know that I am going to want to die when I have to make that phone call later. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not too much to complain about, but I got an email from Verizon saying my bill was now available online (we cut them off and switched to AT&T for the iphones so this should be our final bill), and when I tried to get to it I got locked out.  I called Verizon and explained and the guy kept saying your billing statements says zero, which I would love but I know there's a termination fee, plus the 4 days in the cycle we were still with them.

I guess I'll just wait until they send an actual paper bill to be done with them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a really creepy/disturbing/upsetting dream Saturday night and I cannot shake it. Part of it was that I left Brad (something I would never do) and it really upset me. I did not leave Brad's side all day yesterday. I'm such a baby!
  • Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mariah- I feel you on the fence thing.  I had to rebuild my gate last summer and it was a b!tch!  I need to rebuild the rest of it then stain it and I am dreading it.  It reminds me of Tom Sawyer having to whitewash that fence for punishment.

Balfour- congrats!  That is awesome!

SO- I left my purse at home today.  Who does that? Your phone, maybe.  But the whole purse?  WTH was I thinking?
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• Options
    kris928kris928 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't find my debit card, this is the 2nd time in two weeks that I misplace it. I was putting gas in my car and quickly tossed it in my purse, or so I thought, haven't seen it since Wednesday. Well, at least I haven't spent any money!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I've been a little MIA.  My grandfather passed away - so I 've been dealing with that.  I'm sure I have a lot to B&M about, but I'm a little numb and I've been so stressed out lately that I just don't really care about it all right now.  I'm glad to be back on the boards, so hopefully that will put me back in wedding mode. 

The post about waxing your girly parts was hilarious though, so thank you for posting that!

• Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    serlace- My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. 
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lacey - I'm so sorry!

Balfour - Woohoo!

I don't have anything to B&M about today. I had a great weekend. We enjoyed the sunshine on Saturday, and got to play with our niece for a while. I also finished & ordered our STDs. I am so excited about them! I'll post a pic when I get home later. I totally stole it from nae :)
  • Options
    seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll go ahead and B&M about my house sale...  It was on the market for three weeks and we got a total lowball offer.  Negotiated for 4 days, finally reached an agreement on Friday p.m.  Inspection Saturday.  Haven't heard anything about it. 

Just got notified thru CSS that the agent is showing the house to the buyer AGAIN.  This is her FIFTH time through the house in the past week!  WTH???

ETA -- I realize this isn't much to bitch about, but we're having so many issues with her already, it makes me leery that she keeps coming thru my house.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't worry about her wanting to come through so many times.  A house is a big purchase and I would want to look at it several times, even after I made a bid.  Maybe she wants to start getting decorating ideas or something.  I'm sure there's nothing to sweat.  Plus, it is a buyer's market right now so I would have been surprised if she hadn't come in with a lower bid.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that Serlace  ((HUGS))

I hate it when other people meddle in my job.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Julie.  She may also be showing the house to her family members.  Before we got our house we took a tour through with Steve's parents and then another tour with my parents, and then another time just to get a few measurements.  But that house was also vacant...I'm sure it's annoying when you still live there.
  • Options
    seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know there's no need to B&M.  My boss did some snooping and found out the lady is 60 years old.  For some reason that makes me feel better, like I am helping someone out by taking a hit on the sale price.

PLUS it's all for the better - it will put me and the FI together, and both of us one step closer to our together forever home.  :)
  • Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we may have found a great rental off Lower Greenville in the M-Streets! I'm so wary now, though, because I've realized how different pictures can look from the actual place--we looked at one two weeks ago that looked nothing like the pictures at all. And other that had rolling hills for floors. Crazy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Marissa, I know how dissapointing that is when the actual house doesn't measure up to the pictures.. I went through a lot of that when I was buying my house last year.. Good luck with your search!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear that Serlace. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So excited for you Marissa. If I decide to take this job offer then I hope we can be looking for a rental soon, but it won't be in my beloved Little Forest Hills. The job is in Lewisville so we would need to move closer that way. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards