Flowers
Options

Flowers for Mom's

Looking for some interesting ideas for mom's flowers, trying to stay away from traditional corsages. Any suggestions for an October Wedding?

Re: Flowers for Mom's

• Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A single rose with a ribbon

A small nosegay bouquet

Something they can be attached to their purse

Ask them what they prefer, if they want anything at all.

Something small and lightweight, so it's easier to pin on.  Heavy corsages are just not practical when wearing delicate, formal, or beaded clothing.  An orchid corsage is just about right.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our moms loved their orchid and peony nosegay bouquets.
    weddingcollage
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My daughter got married in October -- the MOB (me) and MOG carried tussy-mussies.

They were beautiful and we received a lot of compliments on them.

PIP:

• Options
    edited December 2011

omg i dont know what any of that means nosegay? tussy mussies? oh im in trouble.. i think im just gonna go with a crossage.
    but i do like the single flower idea, a calla lilly?
    maybe even a small kissing ball with a ribbon hmmmmmm choices choices

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A nosegay is just a small/miniature bouquet.  A tussy mussy is like a nosegay but it has a metal holder (like the picture morainemom attached). 

Here is a picture from my wedding.  You can see the general size of the nosegay bouquet my MIL is holding compared to the size of my bouquet.

weddingcollage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing small arm bouquets of 3 roses for our Moms.  We wanted to stay away from corsages as well, and love the simplicity of them, and the bonus is they can put them in a bud vase to enjoy for a bit after the wedding is over!  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Great Ideas all, thank you for sharing :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For our wedding I am having nose gays made for the Moms and Grandmoms and the florist is going to arrange them into an alter arrangement.  After the BIG kiss, MOH will hand the group of nose gays to me.  My husband and I will hand out the flowers, (kisses all around), before I receive my bouquet and we walk down the aisle.
    For us it is very important to include our loved one in our lives and in our special day.
  • Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have worked in the floral industry, and I don't know what a kissy ball is- enlighten me please- unless you mean a pomander.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards