Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Shower & Bachelorette Party Same Day? Help!

Hello!

So although my wedding is about a year away, I am a bit concerned because all of my bridesmaids (except 1), my MOH (sister) and my mother all live in other states. I really want all of my bridesmaids and my MOH at both my bridal shower and bachelorette party! I feel the only way to do this... is to have my bridal shower and bach. party on the same day. I just wouldn't feel right without them and I also wouldn't want them to have to fly to Arizona 3 times within a few months!

So, if I did a bridal shower brunch on a Saturday morning/early afternoon and then did the bachelorette party later that night... would that work? Probably 1 month before the wedding.  I'm sure it will be a crazy day but I'm thinking it would be worth it to have everyone here.

Thoughts!? Thank you :)

Re: Shower & Bachelorette Party Same Day? Help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you could do this and everyone would understand. I have the same problem so we are having my bachelorette party on a Friday night and my shower the next day (in the evening). It will all come together though so don't stress. You still have plenty of time! :-)
  • Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's fine - but it's really up to the hosts of these parties.  Remember - the host/planner/person in charge is not you.

You can explain to the hosts that you want these people there, but after that, you really shouldn't be involved in planning.

You have a lot of time!  Don't stress :)
  • Options
    mkjpopmkjpop member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PPs. My shower + bachelorette this past weekend were a surprise - the shower began around noon, and then we rolled right into the bachelorette party festivities. I don't know if it was super stressful for my MOH and bridal party, but as the bride, it was A LOT of fun and kept the excitement going!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    158 image 125 image 33 image 0image RSVP Date: May 27
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My MOH planned mine the same way, simply because about half are out of state-ers. I am a bit nervous because it is the weekend BEFORE the wedding (for a variety of reasons--and my MOH chose the date, so that is her choice!), so I hope people don't feel too put out by traveling two weekends in a row. My other concern is the guest lists--the shower is on Saturday day and the bach is Saturday night...and I don't think all the shower guests are being invited to both (again, MOH choice, not mine.) Thoughts?
    220 Invited image
    149 Are celebrating! image
    59 Can't make it. image
    12 Can't find the mailbox! image May 4 RSVP deadline! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards