Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Who's Invited?

Hello all,

My bridesmaids are starting to plan my bridal shower and they understandably need a rough count of the guest list. I wasn't sure who is supposed to be invited to the shower. I don't know some of the females on the guest list very well because they are the plus one's of the males we know or they are friends of my future mother-in-law. Who all is supposed to get an invite?

Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Who's Invited?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The women you are closest with. Of course, here in 21st century you can put men on the invite list too. Either way, close friends and family members, not strangers or acquaintances. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP.

I am giving my BM (FSIL) a list of my friends in the area, and leaving it to her discretion who to invite of her cousins that FI is close to.

My MOH, my aunt, is inviting my aunts and cousins and a couple of close family friends to my family shower.
  • Options
    Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your MOH, your BMs, and whatever REALLYTHISCLOSE friends you have.
    Then as a courtesy, your MOH can tell your mom and FMIL when/where this is - they do not get actual INVITATIONS because this event is IN their family and they certainly are not to think they need to bring a gift.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_whos-invited-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:b8b773f2-d1c0-4c41-b92c-6f723fdc1c09Post:fe8a75d4-63a0-41f0-b8a2-2d9ab9226fc3">Re: Who's Invited?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your MOH, your BMs, and whatever REALLYTHISCLOSE friends you have. Then as a courtesy, your MOH can tell your mom and FMIL when/where this is - they do not get actual INVITATIONS because this event is IN their family and they certainly are not to think they need to bring a gift.
    Posted by Kristin789[/QUOTE]

This may not be the "proper" etiquette, but my MOH will issuing an invite to my FMIL.  I think not sending them actual invitations is just silly.

But then, my mom is hosting one shower for me, and that just flies in the face of etiquette anyway, so... *shrug*
  • Options
    lilcasserslilcassers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am inviting my close friends and all the ladies in mine and my FI family. I am only inviting the girlfriends/wives of my fiances friends who I hang out with and not the ones who I don't really click with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_whos-invited-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:b8b773f2-d1c0-4c41-b92c-6f723fdc1c09Post:fe8a75d4-63a0-41f0-b8a2-2d9ab9226fc3">Re: Who's Invited?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your MOH, your BMs, and whatever REALLYTHISCLOSE friends you have. Then as a courtesy, your MOH can tell your mom and FMIL when/where this is - they do not get actual INVITATIONS because this event is IN their family and they certainly are not to think they need to bring a gift.
    Posted by Kristin789[/QUOTE]

This is somewhat false information... my mom and my MIL both received invitations to my shower. They are two of the most important guests at the bridal shower! They definitely deserve an actual invite and not just find out via word of mouth.

My grandmothers, aunts, female cousins, and close female friends were invited to my shower. Also, some of my mom and MIL's close friends were also in attendance. It all depends on the limit the shower host sets for the amount of guests they can host. If it's a smaller number, just invite the moms, grandmothers, and close girlfriends and bridesmaids.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards