Registry and Gift Forum
Options

What is "AmazingRegistry.com"?

So once in a while I do a Google search of my name. It's rather unique and it's fun to see what random stuff comes up. I searched today and this website called AmazingRegistry popped up. They had my BB&B and Kohl's registry combined into one on there, like a Registry 360 thing. (but it didn't have my Target one)

That's cool & all, BUT I NEVER SET UP AN ACCOUNT THERE!

How the heck do they do that? I feel violated.

Re: What is "AmazingRegistry.com"?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_amazingregistrycom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:141d5b90-5ff7-4530-beb2-584b5f71df97Post:53123208-c1a1-44ab-90f1-f3cd57859763">Re: What is "AmazingRegistry.com"?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is "AmazingRegistry.com"? : WHOA! I totally never thought of that. It makes sense. Oh well, I fell for it.
    Posted by rlavach[/QUOTE]

Ahh, now I don't know what to do!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_amazingregistrycom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:141d5b90-5ff7-4530-beb2-584b5f71df97Post:e8469c73-0da6-41ee-8c17-e0adb54f3e60">Re: What is "AmazingRegistry.com"?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is "AmazingRegistry.com"? : Ahh, now I don't know what to do!
    Posted by SCogs18[/QUOTE]
    Well I don't know about anyone else, but I have multiple emails. I have my Gmail that I use for everything important. All my contacts and calendars are there. If I lose that, I'm screwed. So I have several others that I use to sign up for raffles, enter contests or random things like this. <div>
    </div><div>So maybe you can use your extra email address for it?</div>
  • Options
    I went ahead and clicked through also... and see that although it shows up on a google search under our names, when I click on the link it shows that we are not listed on the amazing registry.

It did seem kinda like it could be a ploy to get an email address, but I haven't had anything in my email so far - no additional spam, etc.  My email has a great spam filter in any case!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    It was not a scam to collect email addresses, it was there to make sure only the registrant could remove their own registry.  Due to this feedback, we've changed our removal process that no longer requires an email address.  It is now very simple to remove your own registry.  The new removal steps are:

1) Go to your registry 
    2) Click on 'Is this your registry' button
    3) Click on 'Remove registry'
    4) Type your name to verify you are the registrant
    5) Click on 'Remove registry'

That's it.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at help@amazingregistry.com.
    Customer Support AmazingRegistry.com help@amazingregistry.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards