Registry and Gift Forum

Vera Wang Grosgrain China @Macy's

Has anyone had Macy's registry web site say that Vera Wang Grosgrain China is being discontinued?  It's a popular pattern and has been for a while.  I want to know if it's being discontinued across the board at all stores or just at Macy's.  Thank you for anything you can share.

Re: Vera Wang Grosgrain China @Macy's

• Where did you see that? I haven't heard it was being discontinued but I'm very interested to hear if it is. I'm torn between Vera Wang Grosgrain and Kate Spade Gardner Street. I know they are very different, but they are my two favorite. We just registered at Macy's on Friday and the woman didn't say anything to us about it being discontinued.
    Anniversary
  • I would just call Macy's (do you have a registry consultant you can ask?).  If the manufacturer is discontinuing the line, then Macy's may continue to stock it until it's actually gone.  Our everyday china was discontinued 5 years ago, but Macy's still sells it, although Bloomingdale's has stopped--I know they are owned by the same company, so they just are getting rid of what they have, although if it's been discontinued for 5 years, they must have a lot to go.  
  • It might be discontinued because I keep seeing it at TJ Maxx and Marshall's but maybe just from Macy's bc I swear I saw it at BBB.
  • My Marchesa by Lenox dishes were discontinued by Macy's but are available at Bloomingdale's. Check other stores before trying to replace it. I'd also double check that the manufacturer is still making these dishes.
  • Check the website for Vera Wang, that's probably a good indicator of whether they have it or not.  Also replacements.com sometimes has the years the pattern is available, so if it is being discontinued, they may have it posted there.
  • MandaPanda219MandaPanda219 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Has anyone heard about Vera Wang Lace? I think I changed my mind and want that pattern, but when I went online on Macys.com  to my registry it won't let me add it to my registry. Literally all of the Vera Wang Patterns aren't available for registering online except for 20pc sets.  I'm wondering if that means it will be discontinued?  I have googled to no avail.
    Anniversary
  • http://www1.bloomingdales.com/search/results.ognc?sortOption=*&Keyword=vera%20wang&resultsPerPage=24&Action=sd&attrs=Department:Department:Fine+China

Bloomingdale's is still carrying Vera Wang China.

Also - Monique Lhuillier and Marchesa have china lines that are similar to Vera Wang's - nothing identical, but a similar feel. Just in case you decide to shop around a little more :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards