Registry and Gift Forum
Options

What the heck is going on with the Macy's registry?

I just finished putting together our Macy's registry last night without any issues. Most of the things on it have been added in the past three days. This morning I logged in to check it and EVERY SINGLE ITEM on the registry (currently at 262, including all the china and everything) has this message:

"We're always adding to our assortment to offer you the widest selection of exciting new products. To make room, we're discontinuing this item and it may soon be unavailable for purchase. When you have a moment, please select a replacement item."

I checked the registries of two other soon-to-be-married friends and theirs both say "Limited Quantities!" for almost every item like mine does before I log in. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm trying to hold out hope that it's just a fluke!

Re: What the heck is going on with the Macy's registry?

• Options
    I'm getting that message for a handful of items, but no where close to even half. It says it on one piece of my Hotel Collection bedding, which is "registry recommended". My first thought is that this is a fluke glitch that will be corrected.
  • Options
    I've been glancing at my registry with Macys a lot since my shower is coming and I have no self control (somebody got me my table linens!) - I've noticed mine keeps switching back and forth from everything being in limited quantities, to only a few things being in limited quantities. I think they're going through an inventory overhaul/software bug. I'd just leave it but check back every so often to make sure things aren't discontinued.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i've been wondering the same thing. my shower is this weekend, half of my china has been bought, and i logged in this morning to find ALL of it unavailable for purchase! major freak out followed, i hope you guys are right and it's just a software overhaul.
  • Options
    I had the same problem - there must be some glitch and hopefully it goes away.   Like I believe every single item on my registry is being discontinued - especially Hotel Collection which they always sell there.
  • Options
    I'm having the same problem.  However if you look at purchase in store, they have it available at multiple Macys locations.

It's a glitch
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    262 Invited image
    164 Yes image
    38 No image
    60 Are making me drink way too much wine!!! image
  • Options
    Was this specific to today?

I noticed it too and was curious..things seem to be kind of back to normal from what it looked like a while ago.

Even when it's not being weird, things do randomly say they are going out of stock. I haven't worried too much yet, but may have to once we get closer to the shower date.
  • Options
    This pauper checked hers yesterday, the way a guest would look it up. I was just trying to remember what cutlery brand I selected. There was nothing unusual.
  • Options
    Phew, thanks all!

Just like daniellabelle, my shower is coming up and half of my china has been purchased (awesome!!!) but it said this morning that every last bit of it has been discontinued. Minor freakout ensued! Glad you all think its just a glitch! I'll not-so-patiently wait for it to return to normal...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards