Second Weddings

We have both been "married" before and both have a daughter....

if anyone else is blending families and are doing something for the children, ie a small gift, what are you doing?  we bought them charm bracelets 2 years ago and were thinking of giving them charms in memory of the day we became a family, ,thoughts...ideas....????????

Re: We have both been "married" before and both have a daughter....

• vexievexie member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I really like that idea!

Last June I married a widower with two small children.  We bought lockets for them and engraved the date we bacame a family on the back.  The girls LOVE those lockets!  We brought the girls up to join us at the altar after Hubby and I exchanged our vows and rings.  I then made some simple promised to the girls and that's when we presented the lockets to them.  They knew ahead of time that this was happening and were sooo excited to be part of the ceremony this way.  We also included them in the last minute or so of our first dance so it became a family dance... I loved that part so much!
    84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
  • I think this sounds sweet.  :)
  • I gave a ring to my DSD she was just days away from turning 18, and the ring was given to her the day before the ceremony.  This was her choice, and she wears the ring every day.  

The ring was one of my birthstone rings that we had sized and plated in Rhodium so that it's white gold now. 
  • I think that's an awesome idea!  I've bee trying to think of what to do with my step-children to be, and coming up empty.  They're such unique kids and they've been through a lot with the mom they have, so I'm not sure if they would even feel the same significance of it that I and my FI would.
  • FH got the children involved in the proposal (showed them the ring and asked thier permission) and we have involved them in the ceremony as much as they wanted to be. We are filling an hourglass with 5 colors of sand (each person's favorite color) at the end of the ceremony and ech of the children is getting a jar filled with the same sand then day before the wedding as a keepsake. FH has shown with his actions (attendign games andschool events, helping with homework, etc) how he plans to treat my three as his own and what they can expect from him in the years to come. Actions always speak louder than words and you have to do what fits your children and your family

Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards