Moms and Maids
Options

Please HELP! Maids & Dress issue!!

I have 2 bridesmaids that stil haven't ordered her dresses yet.  My bridal boutique said the dresses take 3-4 monthes to come in!  I texted my one friend in California and she said " she guesses she will have to put it on her boyfriend's card."  My mom isn't making things better she insisted on my sisters wearing a different dress...I have enough deadlines to worry about what should I do??I'm worried the dresses won't come in in time for everyone to get them altered and what not.  How can I make sure they order them without sounds like a bridezilla?

Re: Please HELP! Maids & Dress issue!!

• Options
    You should hold off on asking your bridesmaids to order their dresses. I highly doubt that the dresses will take 3-4 months to come in. The sales people usually tell you that so they can make their sell and get their comission sooner. Our consultant told my bridesmaids 3 months and they came in in about two and a half weeks.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_please-help-maids-dress-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:723c19c0-cde3-42a8-9e57-a47c849ef48bPost:c02b33f6-2c17-49af-8e2d-98ddbb91f435">Re: Please HELP! Maids & Dress issue!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] You give them the ordering info, and then leave it alone.  They get the dress, or they don't.  If they don't, then they've taken themselves out of the wedding party, and you simply proceed as planned. Even if they did need four months, that's the end of February.  Let them handle it.  They're adults.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This. 

</div>
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    No 4 monthes from now would be May not the end of Feb....

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_please-help-maids-dress-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:723c19c0-cde3-42a8-9e57-a47c849ef48bPost:2ed95d86-9baf-4f86-9dfd-b52d92b14bf6">Re: Please HELP! Maids & Dress issue!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please HELP! Maids & Dress issue!! : This. 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    My wedding is June 1st..and 4 monthes from now is May not Feb..

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_please-help-maids-dress-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:723c19c0-cde3-42a8-9e57-a47c849ef48bPost:c02b33f6-2c17-49af-8e2d-98ddbb91f435">Re: Please HELP! Maids & Dress issue!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Relax.  Your wedding is in June.  They still have plenty of time. Bridal salons rush you because they want your order yesterday.  Their consultants work on commission and have to meet a monthly quota. You give them the ordering info, and then leave it alone.  They get the dress, or they don't.  If they don't, then they've taken themselves out of the wedding party, and you simply proceed as planned. Even if they did need four months, that's the end of February.  Let them handle it.  They're adults.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    What Retread is saying is that Feb 1st is 4 months til your wedding, so they have all of January to get to the bridal salon and order their dress.

Just relax and give the 2 remaining BMs all of the information and that Feb 1st is the last day to order.  Then stop worrying about it.  If they order, great, if not, they are no longer in the wedding party.
  • Options
    Ditto Retread.

If your sisters are minors, then you do have to take your mom's opinion into consideration. If they are adults, then mom shouldn't be interfering.

• Options
    Ditto on Retread.  If they have the info & don't get it in time, then it's on them to pay the extra for rush shipping.
  • Options
    Excuse me I am not nagging I just want to make sure everyone has thier dresses in time, it's not fair to the other girls that ordered thier dresses in October they want thiers in way enough time to get them altered when they have off of work to do it..that is all.  The Salon is Irini's Originals...Dessy Collection.  I just have a deadling I don't want the other girls stressed when thier dresses come in 2 days before the wedding it's just not fair..

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_please-help-maids-dress-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:723c19c0-cde3-42a8-9e57-a47c849ef48bPost:81897f7e-217b-42d1-9a4b-93b216201da1">Re: Please HELP! Maids & Dress issue!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Right.  You are nagging adult women.  Don't.  Please.  There is no need for it. What salon are you using?
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_please-help-maids-dress-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:723c19c0-cde3-42a8-9e57-a47c849ef48bPost:42a5bb29-ba24-4df5-9db4-979480770207">Re: Please HELP! Maids & Dress issue!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Excuse me I am not nagging I just want to make sure everyone has thier dresses in time, it's not fair to the other girls that ordered thier dresses in October they want thiers in way enough time to get them altered when they have off of work to do it..that is all.  The Salon is Irini's Originals...Dessy Collection.  I just have a deadling I don't want the other girls stressed when thier dresses come in 2 days before the wedding it's just not fair.. In Response to Re: Please HELP! Maids & Dress issue!! :
    Posted by vkayse137[/QUOTE]

<div>If the other girls ordered their dresses already, why would they not get theirs in on time?  Actually, if they ordered them back in October, they should be getting theirs in like, now.  Or are you trying to say that the salon won't even place the order until all the bridesmaids pay for it?  Either way, they don't need to be placing orders for dresses now.  I am a bridesmaid in a June wedding, and we are getting the dresses custom made for delivery in March/April, and I haven't even sent in my measurements (though I should, and soon).</div>
  • Options
    Jager1219Jager1219 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Fully agree with you on not punishing the girls who DID order their dress.  But for those girls, is the order not really placed yet until everyone orders?  If so, I'd have the store place the order for the girls who did what they were supposed to do and tell the others that they're "on their own" so to speak.
  • Options
    That's what I like to do but they don't order any of them until all the girls order so that they all come from the same die lot and none look different.  It's just how the bridal shop does it : (

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_please-help-maids-dress-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:723c19c0-cde3-42a8-9e57-a47c849ef48bPost:2968d763-6a88-40ea-a7bd-70505ec2b601">Re: Please HELP! Maids & Dress issue!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fully agree with you on not punishing the girls who DID order their dress.  But for those girls, is the order not really placed yet until everyone orders?  If so, I'd have the store place the order for the girls who did what they were supposed to do and tell the others that they're "on their own" so to speak.
    Posted by Jager1219[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Tell the shop to do it or thy need to wave for the rush order fee.  You're the customer and this isn't something that should present a problem.  Dessy is a big company that sells all over the country through boutiques.  The girls who haven't ordered can easily get their dress through another store if they wanted to.
  • Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013
    The dye lot thing is BS. 

What if you added someone to your WP later?  The shop has no control over that, so not ordering until everyone is ready is just nonsense. 

Could you lie to the shop and say only girls A, B, C are in the wedding now? Shop orders dresses. Girls C & D go later and order when they get around to it (or somewhere else as PP said)? 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_please-help-maids-dress-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:723c19c0-cde3-42a8-9e57-a47c849ef48bPost:b3eba16e-ca4e-4cf3-818b-2298ada194fd">Re: Please HELP! Maids & Dress issue!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>The dye lot thing is BS.</strong>  What if you added someone to your WP later?  The shop has no control over that, so not ordering until everyone is ready is just nonsense.  Could you lie to the shop and say only girls A, B, C are in the wedding now? Shop orders dresses. Girls C & D go later and order when they get around to it (or somewhere else as PP said)? 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

This.

A bridal shop did this to my friend.  Me and two others orderd and paid for our dresses in June.  By November we had heard nothing about them coming in.  Come to find out the salon would not order them until everyone had placed their order because of dye lots.  We were never informed so I had been charged $200 for something that had never been ordered.  I was pissed because they had been sitting on my money all that time and my friend was pissed because the shop never said anything about waiting until everyone placed their order.

Dye lots are complete BS.  For my wedding my sister ordered her dress from one shop in Texas and my other BM ordered her dress from a shop in Maryland.  Guess what?  They both were the same color.

I would call your shop and tell them to place the orders that they have ASAP.  Then tell the two girls who haven't ordered a final date.  Then leave them alone.  If they don't order the dress in time then they have taken themselves out of the wedding.

• Options
    Thank you so much,  I want to tell them to go ahead and order the dresses, you're sure about the dye lot thing?  That it won't differ at all per order?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_please-help-maids-dress-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:723c19c0-cde3-42a8-9e57-a47c849ef48bPost:d9c46238-d4af-462f-a847-520f4d545f90">Re: Please HELP! Maids & Dress issue!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please HELP! Maids & Dress issue!! : This. A bridal shop did this to my friend.  Me and two others orderd and paid for our dresses in June.  By November we had heard nothing about them coming in.  Come to find out the salon would not order them until everyone had placed their order because of dye lots.  We were never informed so I had been charged $200 for something that had never been ordered.  I was pissed because they had been sitting on my money all that time and my friend was pissed because the shop never said anything about waiting until everyone placed their order. Dye lots are complete BS.  For my wedding my sister ordered her dress from one shop in Texas and my other BM ordered her dress from a shop in Maryland.  Guess what?  They both were the same color. I would call your shop and tell them to place the orders that they have ASAP.  Then tell the two girls who haven't ordered a final date.  Then leave them alone.  If they don't order the dress in time then they have taken themselves out of the wedding.
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Not enough to worry about it!  If anyone notices, it will be you and you only.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Please HELP! Maids :[QUOTE]I havenbsp;2 bridesmaids that stil haven't ordered her dresses yet.nbsp; My bridal boutique said the dresses take 34 monthes to come in!nbsp; I texted my one friend in California and she said "nbsp;she guesses she will have to put it on her boyfriend's card."nbsp; My mom isn't making things better she insisted on my sisters wearing a different dress...I have enough deadlines to worry about what should I do??I'm worried the dresses won't come in in time for everyone to get them altered and what not.nbsp; How can I make sure they order them without sounds like a bridezilla? Posted by vkayse137[/QUOTE]

As someone whose BM dresses did take 5 months to come in, I would recommend ordering sooner rather than later. Yes, I understand that sometimes the stores exaggerate the timeline to get you to order sooner, but it can take dresses several months to come in.
  • Options
    I'm getting married in June and we are shopping Feb 3rd for our dresses

Anniversary
  • Options
    Dye lots are generally nothing to worry about, since dyes are mixed by computers now. 

For my friend's wedding where I was a BM, we all ordered different dresses, at different times, from different stores, in David's Bridal Apple Red. The only differences were the ways the dyes took to different fabrics. But even so, they were so close to being exactly alike, nobody could tell the difference. 

Even if you ordered them all at the same time, there's still no guarantee all the dresses would be in the same dye lot anyway. The designer may already have some of the dresses on hand. 
  • Options
    I'm getting married in June as well, my girls have looked at dresses online, but we won't do any actual shopping until later this month. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_please-help-maids-dress-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:723c19c0-cde3-42a8-9e57-a47c849ef48bPost:0ca1ba70-16c6-4673-8a29-3c1c3018ef7f">Re: Please HELP! Maids & Dress issue!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you so much,  I want to tell them to go ahead and order the dresses, you're sure about the dye lot thing?  That it won't differ at all per order? In Response to Re: Please HELP! Maids & Dress issue!! :

My daughter was told the same thing about dye lots, so all four bms ordered their dresses so the salon could place the order. Then another dear friend joined the wedding party and ordered her dress two months later. There was no discernable difference between  her dress and the others.

Don' t drive yourself crazy over minute details.

• Options
    is your bridesmaid order their dress by themself?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_please-help-maids-dress-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:723c19c0-cde3-42a8-9e57-a47c849ef48bPost:0ca1ba70-16c6-4673-8a29-3c1c3018ef7f">Re: Please HELP! Maids & Dress issue!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you so much,  I want to tell them to go ahead and order the dresses, you're sure about the dye lot thing?  That it won't differ at all per order? In Response to Re: Please HELP! Maids & Dress issue!! :

Yes, I am positive about the dye lot topic.  It really doesn't matter.  Like I said one of my girls ordered her dress from a salon in Texas while the other ordered her dress here in Maryland.  They were the exact. same. color.

Even if the dye lots did differ the difference would be so minimal that you probably wouldn't even notice it unless you really scrutinized the dresses under a magnifying glass.

• Options
    Thank you soo much!
  • Options
    Dye lots can make a difference. Probably a minor one, but there will be possible slight differences.  My  grandmother, who is a seamstress swears it matters..
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!!  Update I had the bridal boutique place the order and the other 2 girls are own thier own hopefully they will order it asap..I'm crossing my fingers the difference in the dye isn't off too much to tell..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards