Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

"Sofreh Aghd" persian wedding

So I'm wondering if anyone out there has had a persian wedding outdoors. The Sofreh Aghd takes a while to set up and alot of venues only limit you to 2 hours prior for set up. Any ideas as to setting up a sofreh aghd prior to the wedding and outdoors in tahoe at that. the date is set for august 16, 2014

thanks

Re: "Sofreh Aghd" persian wedding

• Congratulations on your engagement. This is an international board. You might get more responses on the 'Local Wedding Boards' or 'Cultural Wedding Boards' in the column on the left of this page. Good luck.

<<<<-----------------over there : )

• Congrads to you, if you have the things already ready and clear picture of the set up 2 hours should be enough time for set up.
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_sofreh-aghd-persian-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:edf7cc42-ba00-47e4-8632-82a5bb61695dPost:06b4064e-f62b-4f25-8ef5-8ba8e9e4d830">"Sofreh Aghd" persian wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I'm wondering if anyone out there has had a persian wedding outdoors. The Sofreh Aghd takes a while to set up and alot of venues only limit you to 2 hours prior for set up. Any ideas as to setting up a sofreh aghd prior to the wedding and outdoors in tahoe at that. the date is set for august 16, 2014 thanks
    Posted by maryamg81[/QUOTE]
  • Congrats on your upcoming Persian Wedding! We did our softer aghd indoors but I would highly recommend hiring someone to come do the aghd if you only have 2 hours. So that they can dedicate all their time to that. We took 5 hours to set ours up the morning of the wedding. I discuss this and much more in chapter 15: The Sofreh Aghd in my book on Persian Weddings Visit me at www.weddingpersian.com and message me w any questions! Good luck! It's so much fun :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards