Texas-San Antonio
Options

Ceremony & Cocktail Hour Music

Hey everyone!  I need some help.  I'm having my ceremony & the cocktail hour outside @ the Southwest Schoolof Arts & Crafts.  They do not allow any amplified music outside so I need some help trying to figure out what to do...I'd like to have a few musicians who could play romantic acoustic music during the ceremony & then play some more upbeat stuff during the cocktail hour.  Is this doable? Are there any suggestions?  I'm so confused about this

Re: Ceremony & Cocktail Hour Music

• Options
    edited December 2011
    All I know of is Allegretto or I also did a google search of "classical guitarists" in S.A. and was able to find some good suggestions.  I'm still in the early process of planning myself sorry, wish I could have been of more help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    barrt00barrt00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey jfsien

I'm
    getting married at SWSA as well-so excited!  I haven't even seen it yet b/c I live in MD, but I've heard nothing but good things about it. 

We have decided to have 1 or 2 live musicians and will probably go with a guitar and violinist to play for the ceremony and quiet music for the cocktail hour outside.  Here is a link to a place that has samples of what different music options sound like (guitar only, string quartet, violinist, ect.):  http://www.montevistastrings.com/samples.html

The prices are also listed.
    TTC #1 since 8/2012; BFP: 11/9/12 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KLev4KLev4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
      I'm using Divisi Strings. They are pricey but they have a few different string quartets, even one that plays pop music. Check them out!  
  • Options
    cocoliacocolia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that you can't use amplified music at SWSA but a string ensemble can play ceremony music and then change to a more upbeat style for the cocktail. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards