Jewish Weddings

I'm a future Kallah!Any good books?

I wanted to say hi and introduce myself.  My name is Sam.  After a more than 5 years he finally proposed! (Its a great story and hopefully it'll be posted soon)I wanted to know if anyone has read any good books on Jewish weddings/marriage.  I already read The New Jewish Wedding by Anita Diamant.  Any other ones?  Thanks!

Re: I'm a future Kallah!Any good books?

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  I don't have any good books to recommend, I'm afraid.  Mostly, I have been picking up ideas from online research, including this message board.  The best advice I have for you is not to get sucked into thinking that you "have to" have certain things at your wedding.  All you need for a wedding is an officiant and a partner.  For the rest, use the stuff that is meaningful to you and your fiance, and ditch the stuff that isn't. 
  • ShoshieShoshie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    and don't forget the kettubah. Welcome to the board. :)And feel free to ask any questions -- you might get a variety of opinions, but we're a pretty smart bunch!
    Adam & Shoshie 10-21-07: "My family is big and loud and everybody's in each other's lives and business. ... but wherever I go, they will always be there." * My Blog: Tales of a Hopeful Jewish Mom to Be * BabyFruit Ticker
  • Danaz1Danaz1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used the everything jewish wedding book by Rabbi Hyim Shafner. It helped alot with all of the traditions that I was not so familiar with. Good luck planning.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • hbrynnhbrynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The New Jewish Wedding by Anita Diamant. Multiple people have recommended it to me and it was very helpful.
  • jojod1075jojod1075 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi Sam! Mazel Tov! I got the Creative Jewish Wedding Book by Gabrielle Kaplan-Mayer. it's pretty good... though I haven't done a lot of reading in the books I bought. can't wait to hear your story!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards