Washington-Seattle
Options

Friday Rant & Rave

And...................GO!
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Friday Rant & Rave

• Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_friday-rant-rave-66?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:0b9e3aed-4441-41ee-8ab0-67e333722e22Post:4c512ea2-4cfa-4633-9c71-4ce422ac312d">Re: Friday Rant & Rave</a>:
    [QUOTE]RANT:  Of the few RSVPs that have trickled back in (about 15 out of 138 sent), TWO have added uninvited guests.  Do people not know basic wedding etiquette?
    Posted by KimberlyS530[/QUOTE]

I was so surprised at the lack of BASIC etiquette with some of my guests, I could go on and on, and the WORST offenders were some of MY family members....   I still get ticked off when I think of some of the things they did/didn't do!

I think after the main wedding season this year is over we should have a Board "contest" to see who had the rudest guest, lol.  I already have in mind who I would nominate, my cousin S.... who didn't even RSVP but still showed up (was 100% MIA 3-4 weeks before the wedding), AND she brought her 2 year old daughter... we had a no-kids-under-14 policy (partly based on our venue's rules), and she spent most of the evening drinking and smoking NOT watching her kid.  And to grind my gears even more, she didn't even give us a Congrats/Good Wishes/Etc card or ANYTHING.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant:  After I sent out the last of the TY cards on Tuesday, another gift arrived to our apt on Tuesday evening, and then another one on Wednesday evening!  So I had to write 2 more TYs!

Rave:  We got 2 more gifts.... woot, woot!  A couple more fine china plates to add to our "fancy" dishes collection, and a really nice ceramic frying pan.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Kimberly- Where in Northern Cal are you from exactly? My mom is in Monterey. :)

Rant- One of my BMs is frustrating. She wasn't orginially a BM but she was soo interested in all the planning and wanting to help, that I decided to ask her to be a BM as well. Yeah. Regretting that one.
    I feel like she was just "sucking up" to be a BM and now that she is that's that. My other BM wants her involved in the planning of the Bach party and whatnot, and shes just like "yeah if you want me to" "yeah i don't mind" which is really frustrating the other BM because it's not like she's harassing her. Heck I haven't even talked wedding to this BM in a month. I really haven't asked them to do anything.
    They picked out their dresses and shoes, jewelry and everything  because I wanted them to be comfortable and in their budget. My aunt is throwing the bridal shower so they don't have to, I'm paying for their hair and makeup and Fi and I have done everything as far as planning has gone (because it's our wedding, duh).
     My one BM WANTS to plan the bach party so I said yeah sure, but I bought the hotel room so it's not a financial burden. I have asked literally NOTHING from the girls and the one is wonderful and is like "TELL ME TO DO SOMETHING!!!" and the other that I THOUGHT would be the one interested is acting like evening MENTIONING the word wedding is a burden.. like.. dude.. I listen to you complain every day about your 10 hours of work a week and how you don't want to live with your mom anymore but working more or going to college isn't appealing... you could humor me a little too.. I listen to the things going on in her life, she could do the same.. I don't think that's asking that much to want a friend to care about my life when I care about hers.

ok. I'm done. lol

Rave
    - It's freakin' friday. and yesterday I FINALLY got FI to go to a gym class with me. It's about freaking time!
    -Bach party planning is a go now that I got the hotel, my BM picked the theme, got the invites ordered, already has the utensils, gift bag stuff, ideas, and is rolling which is exciting. she's awesome. :)
    -We FINALLY finished decorating our bedroom, almost done with the guest bedroom, and now we get to decorate/redo the office and gameroom (second living room). YAY!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hah thanks. I think the hard part is, she isn't interested now, but she feels left out if I do anything with the other BM... nothin' I can do about that lady.. So I'm just done. She's invited to the Bach party and the Shower, and obviously the wedding. But it's her decision if she even wants to go. screw it. it's totally NOT worth e stressing over because I'm too mellow of a bride to deal with it lol!

YES I know what you mean. FI is in the Navy and suddenly aaaalll the wives wanna talk to me about the wedding stuff, all the single guys ASSUME they are invited. It's a little awkward because we aren't inviting more than 10 people from his work.. mainly because we're keeping it small and just don't have the room!

I also had a 2nd cousin e-mail me a "hey pretty lady, I know your wedding is coming up and I feel like the family doesn't know me and I want to get close to you and the family so do you think you could help me out and invite me to your wedding? Thanks for your help pretty lady" ... umm...1. awkward flattery? 2. My wedding isn't your family reunion. 3. you just went to our mutual cousin's wedding a month ago so you just saw everything, and 4. why would you think my wedding would be a good time to get close to me?
    what.
    a.
    joke.

and LOL at the evite. I can relate to that one too. I have someone on my fb I haven't seen in .. oh.. idk like 4 years? and he e-invited everyone on fb so i looked and the event  and it was like "Hi my fiance and I eloped over the weekend, but we wanted everyone to know our registry for our gifts!"
    wtf?!!?! How.. what.. why... why do people think this is okay?!! lol!

mgoss I like the idea of a contest after our weddings!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Rant: Work
    Rant #2: People who share your joy when the STD's go out, but send in the RSVP cards with "no" and no explanation.
    Rant #3: People who can't RSVP (okay, they still have a week but how hard is it to mail a stamped post card?!?!)

Rave: I have my wedding dress in hand!
    Rave #2: I have my first fitting tomorrow!

• Options
    sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Rant
    Sorry this is not wedding related: 
    Women in my training for work repeats every word the instructor says supplemented with oooh ahhs and yes, and then tries to copy my answers for everything w/o doing any work herself. 

On the wedding side: I have over a year till my wedding and was just browsing dresses and my aunt and cousin decided the dress I like looked like a nightgown and have been texting, emailing, and calling me every day. I am like uh 14 months away leave me alone, please. 

Cousin is still trying to be a BM as hard as she can. And thinks b/c her brother might be FI's side she 'deserves to be a BM.' She can be a bridesmaid zilla... so stressed on trying to be nice to her but let her know that those decisions are coming later. (b/w you and me I prob won't choose her.)

Rave: 
    It is Friday and we don't have to see family this weekend just hang out with each other. 
    Going to look at E-Ring settings and having sushi at Sushi Maru in Bellevue 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards