Washington-Seattle
Options

The "night before"

I was just wondering what everyone was doing for the "night before" the big day. I know that tradition has it that the bride and groom don't see eachother the night before. But, FI and I live together, so I don't know where I am supposed to go, haha. My parents will be having other family stay at their house, so I don't think that I would be able to get a very good nights sleep. I thought about getting the hotel room that we are getting for the night after the wedding for the night before as well, but I don't really feel like spending the extra money. What is everyone else doing? Any other suggestions? Just kick FI to our spareroom, haha?
My Planning Bio image
176 invited image 92 Joinin in image 56 Missin out image 29 Slackers image RSVP Date: August 27th

Re: The "night before"

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I stayed at a hotel room. It was awesome. Can you stay at a BM house or something? I wanted to make sure I was close to the venue and had a good bed for a good nights sleep so that is why I choose that option. The room I booked for the hotel was pan pacific and it was only 109 a night if you pay in advance. I didn't think it was too bad, and I had a wonderful experience there.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011

FI and I are getting me a hotel suite...
    We dont want to see each other after the rehearsal dinner until I walk thru those doors to him....

Happy Planning Ladies!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

OOOhhhhh Pan Pac is NICEEEE!!!
    Did they do anything super sweet since it was your wedding night before?

How far in advance did you book??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Were getting hotel rooms. I'm going to have a sleepover with my BMs and hell probably do the same. I for some reason feel like there's no other way to spend that night than with my girls.
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm staying in a hotel in Kirkland starting the day/night of the RD and using it for my girls and I to get ready in the day of, so I'll be there 2 nights.  We live in Kent and the wedding is in Snohomish so it'll be good for me to be closer to the venue.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kducharmekducharme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well my wedding isn't for a long time...but my bms and I are planning on doing a girls night than staying downtown.  Not get TOO crazy because we want to function the next day, but you know go out...maybe hit the drag show and have some good girl time :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I guess I'll splerge and get the hotel for another night. We are going for the Kirkland area, but haven't picked one yet. At least now when I tell FI I have the ammo that you all suggested it too, haha.
    My Planning Bio image
    176 invited image 92 Joinin in image 56 Missin out image 29 Slackers image RSVP Date: August 27th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to be getting a hotel room, just planning on one at the hotel where I have a block for guests. Not because I care about seeing him or not the night before (we live together as well), but because I want a good night's sleep which is more likely without him tossing and turning next to me. Plus, I'll get ready there as well since I have an adorable kitty who would be too tempted by trailing rustling delicate fabric!
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We each got suites for our wedding parties and ourselves. we're going to split up and getting ready in those rooms too though at Hotel 1000
  • Options
    dawnies79dawnies79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_night-before?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:1b6ba5f9-55b4-4794-a73f-e84df72dff85Post:74d3ce99-283b-4f9f-9ac8-b0540648d22f">Re: The "night before"</a>:
    [QUOTE]I stayed at a hotel room. It was awesome. Can you stay at a BM house or something? I wanted to make sure I was close to the venue and had a good bed for a good nights sleep so that is why I choose that option. The room I booked for the hotel was pan pacific and it was only 109 a night if you pay in advance. I didn't think it was too bad, and I had a wonderful experience there.
    Posted by karebear219[/QUOTE]
    This! 
    Except we stayed at Hotel Andra. We wanted to be close to our venue as well.
    Our wedding wasn't very traditional so I figured we could slip in a few traditional things that way. Besides not seeing each other kind of helped build the anticipation for the "reveal" moment.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mergatormergator member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am staying at a good friend's house, who happens to live just about 6 blocks away from the townhouse my parents and some family are renting. That way I can still have some solitude away from family the night before, but have them close by as I prepare on the wedding day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BMs and I all pitched in and got a hotel room. We were all cool with sharing beds and what not. $20 bucks each and we stayed at a hotel that was near our venue, since it was about 30 minutes away from home and the weather was terrible. Make it a girls night!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked about 90 days out. I think we did get a free bottle of champaigne the night before. They were just really nice to me and accomidating for pictures and switching rooms for getting ready, late check out, early check in, etc . For our wedding night I was able to book the only suite they have for 1/3 the cost because I was paying upfront and because it wasn't booked yet. I will definatley try to stay there as much as I can from now on. I also recommend booking over the phone. That is how I landed the suite for our wedding night at such a great price. If I would have booked online I would have never known.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_night-before?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:1b6ba5f9-55b4-4794-a73f-e84df72dff85Post:a57d09bf-9a1f-4018-8cdd-e20e4bc735ba">Re: The "night before"</a>:
    [QUOTE]I booked about 90 days out. I think we did get a free bottle of champaigne the night before. They were just really nice to me and accomidating for pictures and switching rooms for getting ready, late check out, early check in, etc . For our wedding night I was able to book the only suite they have for 1/3 the cost because I was paying upfront and because it wasn't booked yet. I will definatley try to stay there as much as I can from now on. I also recommend booking over the phone. That is how I landed the suite for our wedding night at such a great price. If I would have booked online I would have never known.
    Posted by karebear219[/QUOTE]

Im DEFINETLY going to check them out!! Good tips!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards