2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age:

3. City Born In?

4. City Live in?

5. Where did you go to college?

6. What was your major?

7. What is your current job?

8. What is your dream job?

9. How did you and your fiance meet?

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it??

11. When is the Wedding Day?

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?

13. What are your wedding colors?

14. Where are you honeymooning?

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?

16. Biggest wedding splurge?

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?

19. Favorite book?

20. Favorite movie?

21. Favorite tv show?

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?

23. Any advice you can give?

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?

25. Share something about yourself!

AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Knottie of the Week - ladycane015

• Options
    1. First Name & Fiance's First Name:  Latosha & Jamar

2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age:
    Feb 8th (the best day ever) 24 years old & Nov 5th 25 years old

3. City Born In?
    St. Petersburg, Fl (both of us)

4. City Live in?
    Orlando

5. Where did you go to college?
    University of Central Florida

6. What was your major?
    Legal Studies undergrad (thought I wanted to go to Law School & had a change of heart but it may still be in my near future b/c I only have like 2 more years to use my LSAT score & studied too hard to let it go to waste lol) Currently working on my Masters in Public Administration

7. What is your current job?
    Department of Veterans Affairs

8. What is your dream job?
    I want to buy a small hotel & have it changed into a place for homeless individuals/families. Have staff available to help build resumes and with job placement. Once they are able to get a job they will start paying a small fee for shelter while saving up for atleast a year to get a place of their own.

9. How did you and your fiance meet?
    At a mutual friend’s fish fry the 2nd week of our freshmen year in college & we talked all night long! He had great conversation but I wasn't thinking about the future or anything lol. It took almost a year before I decided I actually liked him lol. He loves to tell everybody “Tosha didn’t like me at 1st

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it??
    At a resturant in Kansas City on Christmas Eve 2011!! He had it set up for the waitress to keep bringing out envelops with little messages for me. The 3rd one said “I have something to tell you but you have to promise not to get mad.” Of course I was mad at this point & he said the 4th envelop would tell me what he did…he said I had to stand up & give him a hug before I opened the 4th one. I stood up gave him a hug and opened the 4th one as he got on 1 knee & it read “will you marry me, yes or no pick one lol. I cried histerically & said yes!!!

11. When is the Wedding Day?
    February 23, 2013!!!! 2 weeks after my birthday, 1 week after Valentine’s day & I have to constantly remind him that those are 3 separate days & will NEVER be combined!

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?
    St. Petersburg, Fl at a hotel

13. What are your wedding colors?
    Red & White (little bit of black)

14. Where are you honeymooning?
    Cancun

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?
    My Makeup Artist is the sweetest person ever! She sends me texts every few weeks to check up and see how im doing & how everything is going & really makes an effort to get to know me as a person!

16. Biggest wedding splurge?
    The Venue

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?
    A helicopter exit like Mrs. J!!!!

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?
    Everyones!!! I would love to see how evrybody’s planning comes together on the actual day!

19. Favorite book?
    Usually whatever book I’m reading for class b/c that seems to be the most reading I do lol. I loved Eric Jerome Dickey’s Between Lovers & Sister, Sister also loved The Coldest Winter Ever.

20. Favorite movie?
    Love & Basketball, The Hangover, Lion King & Mulan (sorry I’m not good at this “favorite” thing, FI always says I cant have multiple favorites lol)

21. Favorite tv show?
    Vampire Diaries & I just sat and watched Scandle from Season one until present last weekend so I’m sooo in love with that show now cant wait for Jan 10th!!

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?
    I have no idea but since my dress is Allure that’s my fav!! Lol.

23. Any advice you can give?
    I’m not an expert but if I could go back to my engagement I would have waited a little while before picking my bridal party. That’s the only thing I think I’d do over at this point

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?
    I wish I could have David Tutera give me the grandest wedding ever!

25. Share something about yourself!
    I’m a very passive person which sometimes my close friends get upset with especially during the wedding planning. I love my family & friends and will bend over backwards for them. Strongly believe there is a reason for everything and even though we don’t know the reason doesn’t mean HE doesn’t have a plan! I love positive people & am very thankful for my knottie sisters! I can’t wait to be done with this degree b/c i’m ready for bigger & better things!  Purple is my favorite color!!! I love sports! Lebron James is my husband! #TeamHEAT!!! Football season is everything to me! I love ballet & will be going to see the Nutcracker alone on Thursday b/c I don't have anyone to come with me but I am perfectly fine with that!  Can’t wait to be a Mrs & I can’t wait to GET A PM FROM SOMEBODY ABOUT BLOWING MY HUSBAND’S MIND!!! lmbo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi Latosha..waving

So glad to meet you ! I love your propsal story, so cute ! I bet you was thinking if this damn waiter come out with one more envelope ! lol

11. When is the Wedding Day? February 23, 2013!!!! 2 weeks after my birthday, 1 week after Valentine’s day & I have to constantly remind him that those are 3 separate days & will NEVER be combined! 

You know how to get him..didnt you girl lol, You want gifts all month long. I know thats right and dont short change it either lol 

I posted about the PM too..read my post !!
  • Options
    lol Thanx MrsBad! And I asked him if he was sure he wanted to do Feb & he said yes lol. It's just after his season ends so thats why he picked February but I think that he believes he gets to kill 3 birds w/ one stone & it's so NOT gonna happen lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hey birthday month twin. Mine is the 6th. I'm definitely with you about the separate gift thing. I got my point across once by giving one gift before. Not FI. It was so funny I lumped birthday and valentines together in June!!!!!!!!! And asked how he liked those apples.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Aww! The proposal was sweet! Nice to get to know you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Options
    Leatba I just cried laughing!!! That is hilarious to lump his birthday w/ V-day & they're like 4 months apart!!! Love it! I told FI I'd put his w/ Christmas & he says I cant b/c they're a month apart but CLEARLY I can lmbo!!! Thanx MissusD :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    keyaira04keyaira04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2012
    Great to meet you!

Eric Jerome Dickey’s is the stuff! I'm a BIG fan! I finally was able to fall back in love with his writing again with his last book (AAA). I would recommend the following:

An Accidental Affair
    Resurrecting Midnight 
    Dying for Revenge 
    Waking With Enemies 
    Sleeping With Strangers 
    Chasing Destiny (Has a "Coldest Winter Ever"  starring Aaliyah feel to it)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    Thanx Keyaira!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-ladycane015?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:f091043f-c2d7-4d5b-a74f-450811c92dd7Post:8def1fa7-d9e7-4b44-8219-9a862f55d58c">Re: Knottie of the Week - ladycane015</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. First Name & Fiance's First Name:  Latosha & Jamar
    <font color="#ff0000">Hi Tosha!!!! (and jamar). </font>
    6. What was your major? Legal Studies undergrad (thought I wanted to go to Law School & had a change of heart but it may still be in my near future b/c I only have like
    2 more years to use my LSAT score & studied too hard to let it go to waste lol) Currently working on my Masters in Public Administration 
    <font color="#ff0000">Yes, we gonna need you to use that!
    </font>
    9. How did you and your fiance meet? At a mutual friend’s fish fry the 2 nd week of our freshmen year in college & we talked all night long! He had great conversation but I wasn't thinking about the future or anything lol. It took almost a year before I decided I actually liked him lol. He loves to tell everybody “Tosha didn’t like me at 1 st ”
    <font color="#ff0000">So when did ya'll start actually dating exclusively?
    </font>
    10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it?? At a resturant in Kansas City on Christmas Eve 2011!! He had it set up for the waitress to keep bringing out envelops with little messages for me. The 3 rd one said “I have something to tell you but you have to promise not to get mad.” Of course I was mad at this point & he said the 4 th envelop would tell me what he did…he said I had to stand up & give him a hug before I opened the 4 th one. I stood up gave him a hug and opened the 4 th one as he got on 1 knee & it read “will you marry me, yes or no pick one lol. I cried histerically & said yes!!!
    <font color="#ff0000">AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    </font>
    11. When is the Wedding Day? February 23, 2013!!!! 2 weeks after my birthday, 1 week after Valentine’s day & I have to constantly remind him that those are 3 separate days & will NEVER be combined!
    <font color="#ff0000">lmao!
    </font>
    17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't? A helicopter exit like Mrs. J!!!! 18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend? Everyones!!! I would love to see how evrybody’s planning comes together on the actual day!
    <font color="#ff0000">No shyt right, she literally blew us all away.
    </font>
    23. Any advice you can give? I’m not an expert but if I could go back to my engagement I would have waited a little while before picking my bridal party.

<font color="#ff0000">Me too!

Any kids in the future? My girlfriend moved from here to clearwater florida. She works at St. Petersburg College now. So....When I finally go down to visit her guess who's house i'm crashing. lolz!

Nice getting to know you! </font>
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Hey Lady... I love that name... Great story.. I know that I became a RN to help people.. because I always put people first as well. Very commendable... your dream of opening a shelter/full service home.. I am a veteran and I know that many need that help and support. I too am all about FOOTBALL right now!!! Good call for after the season.... not like Best Man... during the season...(what were they thinking)..lol Yayy.. on another Aquarian... and SCANDAL LOVER!!.. IVE been there since episode 1!!! Love the proposal... very sweet.. Love how he put thought into it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi girl! LOVE your proposal story!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Honey! We have so much in common. Okay...first off, I love Eric Jerome Dickey's books! Excellent author IMO! We love all the same movies, love football...you know that already! LOL! And I TOTALLY agree that your birthday, wedding day and valentines are ALL SEPARATE gifting days!!!! LOL!

I adore you guys love story! I love how you added in that extra part at the end about tell us something about yourself...."I can’t wait to GET A PM FROM SOMEBODY ABOUT BLOWING MY HUSBAND’S MIND!!! lmbo"  LOVE it!!!! LOL

Thanks for sharing a little bit of your life with us! It was a pleasure "meeting" you"

Sisterly,
    Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to footballwife
     "So when did ya'll start actually dating exclusively?"
    July 2007 :)
     "Any kids in the future? My girlfriend moved from here to clearwater florida. She works at St. Petersburg College now. So....When I finally go down to visit her guess who's house i'm crashing. lolz! Nice getting to know you!"
    Yes, after I graduate next December we can start working on the kiddies lol...I lived in Clearwater from about 7th grade until I left for College & my mom just moved back to St. Pete last year :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    nursing2u Thank you so much for serving!!! My parentals are Vets as well :D And yes, my other hubby Morris Chestnut was tripping getting married during the season lol! #TeamAquarius!!! I love how he put thought into it too!! Thanx :D

Hey fancywright!!! Thank you!!!

Cha!!! YAY! We're twins lol Thanx so much! & Yes I needed that PM lol!!! Fun stuff!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Tosh!!  {waves}

pleasure to meetcha!

your proposal was the cutest thing ever!  - lurve.

<<b/c I only have like 2 more years to use my LSAT score & studied too hard to let it go to waste lol>>

helllurrr??  now turn to your neighbor and say:  I did dat!! - get your J.D. Mrs. Huxtable. 

6 weeks left? home stretch girl, how you feel?  :)

lol @ everything in February.   jamar fitna start breaking out in hives every new year's! LOL!

• Options

LMBO @ sultry!!! I'm suuper excited & can't believe it's almost here!!! Ish is getting real! lol & it's his fault for choosing February so he better act right! lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards