South Asian Weddings

Hiring the 'Day of" Coordinator??

Have anyone hired a coordinator for only the day of? Any recommendations?
Any help/advise will be really appreciated.
Thanks!

Re: Hiring the 'Day of" Coordinator??

• rv224rv224 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I would hire one for the day of. You want to enjoy your day as much as you can and not worry about whether x, y, z is in place. Weddings can have a lot of mishaps (extra guests, damaged cake, etc) and you should get someone else to handle it. Unless you have a friend or relative who doesn't mind being the delegated rep to handle everything.

Are you getting married in NJ? Here are some planners in the area:

TanaRi Events
    http://www.tanarievents.com/

Preeti Exclusive
    http://www.preetiexclusive.com/index.php
  • mimosa1977mimosa1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had the same debate and ended hiring one.  It was one of the best decisions we made!  The day goes by soo quickly that it helps to have someone help out so your family can enjoy the day.  Just remember whoever you pick I would ask for references for a similar wedding which whoever you are interested in hiring ( Ie...similar wedding size, location).  Also speak to your other vendors for who they recommend (photographer, videographer, and decorator).  It is very important that whoever you hire should know your visions very clearly and they work well with your other vendors.

Let me know if you have any other questions...we got married in Nj as well
  • edited December 2011
    My good friend didn't hire any coordinators but she did break up the work. So, for example, instead of giving everything regarding the wedding to one person, she asked each of the bridesmaids to do one task (one to make sure everyone was on time for their hair, one to make sure she took extra makeup for touchups, etc.) based on what we would be good doing. It made it easier for us to remember and no one felt overburdened...just an idea! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY recommend one!  I see that you're in jersey, check out Rose Events.  We used them and are sooo glad we did.  They are so professional and on point.  The day of my wedding, despite a hurricane, everything went smoothly because of them.  I can't imagine not having a day-of, especially for an Indian wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    I would def recommend hiring a day of coordinator! They are a godsend! I know a ton of planners that work in all budgets. Message me if you want some recommendations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards