Washington-Seattle
Options

I'm starting to think about Music now

Thanks ladies for the recent postings and I thought I was doing pretty well. A while ago I got the knot's Collection of Ceremony and Wedding Music and I had picked out...

Prelude: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring- Bach
Processional: Canon in D Major- Pachelbel
   Bride walks to: Bridal Chorus from Lohengrin (Here Comes The Bride)- Wagner
Interlude Song: (Maybe while lighting of unity candle) Arioso from Cantata No. 156- Bach
Recessional: Wedding March from A Midsummer Night's Dream- Mendelssohn

When it comes to music I really think I prefer the tranditional wedding music. I guess it makes me feel like a wedding I had always thought about.

I am getting married by a Pastor but it is going to be outside under a gazebo. Do you think this music is too traditional for a non-church wedding. We are religious but just did not have a special church to us near my home town. Also, The DJ will be playing the music. I know almost nothing about wedding music. I need help is this ok? I listen to the 23 songs on the cd and picked my favorites:) TIA

Re: I'm starting to think about Music now

• Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that whatever you like and suits you (and venue) is fine.  You can do traditional for an outdoor wedding.  If you had a church, I think it somewhat limits what you can do.  But other venues, you can do anything that you want.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ArchelArchel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have always pictured that music at your wedding, then by all means do it - no matter what location your wedding is at! I have always pictured walking down to HCTB and doing a "themed" wedding isn't changing my mind in the least when it comes to that one.
    - Rachel

Married 11/6/10

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm kinda piggy backing cause I need help too!!

I came across the Vitamin String Quartet last week. Had never heard of it before. I really want to play some of their songs. I like how they are classic rock & rock songs turned into "classical" music.
    example, sweet child of mine by guns n' roses: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnwxXNfdsxU

We are really into all types of rock music so I really want to incorporate a lot of these "classical" classic rock songs into the wedding.

What I was thinking is doing the "prettier" sounding ones @ the beginning of the ceremony and then the more "rocker" ones after we kiss & turn to the guests.

I don't think it matters what type of music you play. It's you're wedding, you do what you want! :) We are!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ang - I have a post below debating my music choices... I was thinking of "Sweet Child of Mine" for our recessional - just using the GNR version though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    therickson - your post actually reminded me & that's why I posted this. Are you going to use any other VSQ songs in your wedding?
    I just love the idea of incorporating rock & classic rock into a wedding ceremony! Its awesome! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards