Christian Weddings
Options

IamJoe'sGurl, how's your mom?

Just wondering if you had an update?  I've been thinking of you guys.

Re: IamJoe'sGurl, how's your mom?

• Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, hope she is doing well.  Let us know.
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for asking!  We went to the doctor's on Tuesday and they did another ultrasound.  They said that the nodule is about 4 inches in length around her thyroid.  The doctor said that he cannot biopsy it without having the entire thyroid removed.  I am so relieved after having been there and hearing from the doctor myself.  He said that if she does have cancer, it is likely contained in the nodule/thyroid and there is a very small chance of it being cancerous.  (This is quite different than what my mom said he told her at the earlier appt. which is why I'm so relieved that I heard it for myself.)  

I don't know if I had mentioned before but my mom has shingles right now and I think it is probably due to the stress over the thyroid issues.  But she is starting to feel better from that too.

Mom goes to see the surgeon on Thursday to schedule her surgery.  Thank you all for your prayers.  I'm continuing to pray that God will protect mom from cancer and trusting that He will.
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    Fantastic! I'll be praying that it isn't cancer.

Just some words of encouragement, my roommate was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in December. She's fully recovered now. So, if it is cancer (which I'm praying it is NOT), have hope that people recover from this kind of cancer quite well!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have several friends who have had thyroid cancer.  All of them were treated and recovered quickly with no side effects or relapses.  While I hope it's not cancer, know that if it is chances are good her recovery will be quick and easy.
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the encouragement ladies!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear the visit went well. I will continue to keep her and your family in my prayers.

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad that you were able to hear positive news! I will pray for her and you! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards