Christian Weddings
Options

NWR: Something's happening...! :-D

So a good friend of FI's moved back to Florida recently. He was a typical bachelor type nice guy but not really religious or anything. When he first moved here about 2 months ago FI had invited him to church to just get to know some people since he had moved a few years ago and really didn't know anyone. He actually came, which was kind of surprising because church wasn't really his thing. FI invited him a few other times, sometimes he came, sometimes he didn't. He would go out with our group after church though and really seemed to enjoy it. Well tonight at the end of service, as they were singing the last song, FI's friend came over to where we were sitting! Apparently he had come on his own, without FI inviting him, without even telling FI he was coming, and sat there the whole service by himself even though knows where we sit and could easily have found us...! I was so excited to see him! So I asked FI on the way home if he'd invited him (at that point I wasn't sure) and FI got all excited saying that he hadn't. He says he feels like he's got an opening now to talk to his friend to kind of hear his thoughts, see where he stands on it. I'm so excited that he could be on the way towards a whole new life!!!

Re: NWR: Something's happening...! :-D

• Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's so exciting!!! Glad to hear this. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome!  It's great that your FI is not being pushy and it seems like God is working on him.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_nwr-somethings-happening-d?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:ac0cfedb-67a9-4559-aaac-6b6b1c60d1ffPost:99be973a-0b2d-491c-95f8-b981cd58f04e">Re: NWR: Something's happening...! :-D</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's awesome!  It's great that your FI is not being pushy and it seems like God is working on him.
    Posted by iamjoesgurl[/QUOTE]

FI is definitely not a pushy person, he's an observer, he likes to gauge the situation before he steps in. I love that because when he takes the time to evaluate it, he's realy smart and knows how to go into the situation. He's been available to his friend without turning him off to church and faith, and now he's got such a great oppurtunity!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  Sometimes  God takes his time in opening up other people's hearts for the word.  :-)
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's so awesome! That is inspiration because I also know people who are like your FI's friend. Very cool. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is awesome inspiration Rachel!! Thanks for sharing this. I love when God is working and you can see it :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's so awesome!!  Yay.  :)

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards