Christian Weddings
Options

Something Old

Hello everyone.  I posted last week about ceremony songs and received some great suggestions.  I communicated to my parents some ideas, but they told me the decision was mine. 

My father sent me a youtube link of Peter, Paul and Mary singing "Wedding Song" which was performed at my parents wedding ceremony almost 37 years ago.  My parents suggested that it could be my "something old" if my FI and I decided on this song.  My parents are not pressuing me to select this song.  I have to say I like the idea of a song being my "something old" because it is not what a bride typically does.

Your thoughts/suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
157 image Invited guests
73image Will be celebrating with us!
81 image Would rather look at our wedding photo album and/or video
3 image Making me wait

RSVP Date September 18, 2011

Re: Something Old

• Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a really nice idea.  I would even include something in the program explaining the significance of the song to you.
  • Options
    kitkat610kitkat610 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. I think that would be really special as long as you like the song of course
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used that song :-)  I love it.
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a great choice! I would include something in the program about it, though. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a great idea! I love it!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is a very sentimental idea and I like it! As long as you like the song, I say go for it. And make a note of it in the program, as the ladies suggested. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh oh! I'm using the song O Perfect Love, used by my grandparents 57 years ago. thanks for the "something old" idea!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had so many "something old"s at my wedding and "The Wedding Song" was one of  them. It was sung at my mom's and my sister's wedding by the same person who sang it at mine. It's a really neat idea. I say go for it
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards