Christian Weddings
Options

It's Snowing in NC! PIP

I know I know... many of you are used to snow and see it all the time... but down south, we almost NEVER see snow in December, and we often go entire Winters without seeing ANY!  It is so beautiful! It's just about dark now, and the snow is starting to stick to the roads.  Brings a couple of songs to mind...
July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!

Re: It's Snowing in NC! PIP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw, I'm glad you're enjoying it! :) We got around 8-10inches in parts of the metro here yesterday, and it wasn't fun digging my car out this morning (or, for that matter, driving around last night!) But I'm used to it.Sometimes I wish I lived somewhere that got snow only occasionally, so that it was a real treat :)
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  We don't have any snow up here in DC, which makes it even stranger!  How far inland are you?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Raleigh/Durham area.  It came down really thick.  I think the official total was around 2 inches, but at our house it looked like 3 or 3.5!!! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    KaitlinRichKaitlinRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so jealous... I live in Alabama so if it is more than 1/2 to 1 inch we are doing good!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in SOUTH Alabama, and it snowed here in Feburary for the first time in 13 years!  Even then it was for a few hours and melted by sunset.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Um...south Florida here :( No snow for us...though it flurried in Orlando last year. I wasn't there to see it though. I'm originally from Philadelphia so I'm no stranger to snow. I used to hate it because when I was 7 I was hit by a car during a blizzard (very serious accident) and was never much a fan after that. But this is my 4th winter in Florida and I must say, particularly during the holidays I miss it. I miss everything up until about the first week of January, then I'm glad I live in Florida for now because its cool, sometimes even chilly, but its never that dreary cold wet winter from the north. FI and I will be moving to Ohio or PA (our families live there, respectively) in a few years when we're starting a family so we'll get our seasons back!!! YAY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is nice to have the 4 seasons, and I do love when it snows on Christmas, but school closings and delays are not fun when we have to make it up over Easter break or at the end of the year (I'm a teacher). I wish I only had it occasionally too, so that it would be a "treat"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know I'm late but YAY for snow in NC! and it's supposed to snow again tonight! and this weekend! YAY! I'm so excited!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    11-12-11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicVisit The Knot! Visit Purple.weddings.com

Two Become One

November 12, 2011

288 invited
    163 accepted!
    9 can't make it
    116 haven't responded yet....
    RSVP Date October 12, 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board