November 2012 Weddings

What's your biggest fear?

I'm curious as to what is everyone's biggest fear for the wedding day?

I'm terrified of crying in front of people & afraid I'm going to totally botch the vows.

What about everyone else? Is there anything you're worried about?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What's your biggest fear?

• my neck and chest turn bright red and splotchy when I'm really excited or emotional, I'm fearinng that being in all our pictures. I don't want to look like I have a horrible rash!! >.< 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • ^^Good point, that! Hopefully it won't be too bad!

When I'm embarrassed (which being in front of a lot of people does that), my face tends to turn a nice shade of red & my eyes water. Totally forgot about that until now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a thing where I HAVE to be 30 minutes early to everything or I start freaking out pretty badly, no idea why but I do it lol. I'm worried that's going to get a bit out of control the day of as I know not everything will be perfectly on time.
  • I am worried about running late and not having enough time to get ready AND enjoy the process before the ceremony starts.  I also turn lobster red when I'm nervous, anxious, or if people are just looking at me sometimes, so I'm sure I'll be looking crazy in our pictures.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not particularly afraid of anything going wrong.  I'm just terrified of being the center of attention with 175 sets of eyes on me.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just posted this on the Nov 3 convo. but this "Perfect Storm" they are predicting for next week! It needs to not slow down and run into Saturday!! and also needs to not do this 1 billion in damage they are predicting... please stay away from PA!!! Hoping the monstrosity of it is limited to the coastal areas and we just get rain early in the week and it clears out for Saturday!! I know you can't control the weather, but it's freaking me out a little!
  • getting a random stain or something on my dress !
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_whats-your-biggest-fear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:c8e5f229-2dcb-4a87-b13d-ad1cae3a4078Post:cc473ee8-cb92-417d-b20a-042310697cbe">Re: What's your biggest fear?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just posted this on the Nov 3 convo. but this "Perfect Storm" they are predicting for next week! It needs to not slow down and run into Saturday!! and also needs to not do this 1 billion in damage they are predicting... please stay away from PA!!! Hoping the monstrosity of it is limited to the coastal areas and we just get rain early in the week and it clears out for Saturday!! I know you can't control the weather, but it's freaking me out a little!
    Posted by megank626[/QUOTE]

<div>I show 54 and cloudy on Friday.  55 and mostly sunny on Saturday.  This is for Bethlehem, PA.</div><div>
    </div><div>My fingers are crossed, but I have a cute umbrella just in case!</div>
  • Crying like a fool

being uncontrollably red, blotchy....even moreso after the uncontrollable crying

tripping....I have done this as a bridesmaid before in the church, lol. 

fights between certain family members...despite me sitting them at opposite sides of the rooms. 

getting a nasty cold leading up to the day...or a big old pimple, lol. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • llimaurollimauro member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Agree with megank! Terrified the storm will hit midweek next week, flood the roads, and knock power out for a week (like the hurricane in the Midatlantic area did in NJ last year). Maybe it's just that I'm already nervous about the wedding, but I can't help (somewhat irrationally) being terrified that the power will be still out as of November 4, and few guests will be able to come due to flooding that hasn't stopped yet. And to think last week I was worrying about whether there would still be leaves on the trees for the outdoor pictures.....
  • megank626megank626 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_whats-your-biggest-fear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:c8e5f229-2dcb-4a87-b13d-ad1cae3a4078Post:c173a17e-d76a-4675-9d93-f11b36bdcda5">Re: What's your biggest fear?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's your biggest fear? : I show 54 and cloudy on Friday.  55 and mostly sunny on Saturday.  This is for Bethlehem, PA. My fingers are crossed, but I have a cute umbrella just in case!
    Posted by lls31[/QUOTE]

Yes, the 10 day for here (Lancaster, PA) shows 55 and sunny, which would be perfect!  but I know it's super unpredictable that far out especially if some of this crazy weather would stall... I know there's no point in stressing b/c I can't do anything, but maybe I should go get a cute umbrella too!! :-)
  • My biggest fear is that I will roll/break one of my ankles in my 5 1/2" platforms..... I've been practicing walking in them, even doing housework....man do I work up a sweat with those babies on. I am also afraid my gown will be to small or too big. I have lost a lot of weight through diet and exercise and now I kinda have to put that on hold...workout less, eat less or workout more, eat more. It's really hard, but I know where my measurements need to stay.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Falling and using the bathroom with my dress on!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_whats-your-biggest-fear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:c8e5f229-2dcb-4a87-b13d-ad1cae3a4078Post:af4c98ef-7f2a-4e01-81a9-1afa54420f6b">Re:What's your biggest fear?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Falling and using the bathroom with my dress on!
    Posted by liz429[/QUOTE]

I actually seem to have forgotten about this one!

To those that have their upcoming wedding with the storm, I hope that the weather is decent or at least decent enough!

I honestly have no idea what to expect for weather at the end of November.

I also agree with the being center of attention! I was really freaked out at the idea of it in front of 150 - 175 people - not any less scary with 30 I have found!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Honestly? That my dress won't fit. It fits fabulously right now. But I am worried that I'll gain one pound too many, or lose a few too many and it'll look funny on me!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_whats-your-biggest-fear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:c8e5f229-2dcb-4a87-b13d-ad1cae3a4078Post:48742967-6169-4327-97bb-eab1b7ae579e">Re: What's your biggest fear?</a>:
    [QUOTE]my neck and chest turn bright red and splotchy when I'm really excited or emotional, I'm fearinng that being in all our pictures. I don't want to look like I have a horrible rash!! />.< 
    Posted by pomundson0[/QUOTE]

This happens to me too...I figure they can just photoshop it out
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_whats-your-biggest-fear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:c8e5f229-2dcb-4a87-b13d-ad1cae3a4078Post:cc473ee8-cb92-417d-b20a-042310697cbe">Re: What's your biggest fear?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just posted this on the Nov 3 convo. but this "Perfect Storm" they are predicting for next week! It needs to not slow down and run into Saturday!! and also needs to not do this 1 billion in damage they are predicting... please stay away from PA!!! Hoping the monstrosity of it is limited to the coastal areas and we just get rain early in the week and it clears out for Saturday!! I know you can't control the weather, but it's freaking me out a little!
    Posted by megank626[/QUOTE]

While we can predict or control the weather, I thought they said it would be gone by the weekend
  • Being sick.
    Having it storm (destination beach wedding)
    Having DF's Ex-wife show up somehow.
        -We're dealing with an agreement so that my step-son is able to be there with us. We are staying in state and have never had issues before but she's losing it on this one. Last night I turned into the white b****. She is feeling very threatened and constantly texts and calls DF saying that I will never be anything to HER son, etc. I am not trying to be mom, but I am Dad's partner and I have a right to be involved in his life. Regardless of my race...

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_whats-your-biggest-fear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:c8e5f229-2dcb-4a87-b13d-ad1cae3a4078Post:2f901cd8-3837-4b75-b20f-aba56c77dcc3">Re: What's your biggest fear?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's your biggest fear? : While we can predict or control the weather, I thought they said it would be gone by the weekend
    Posted by amymaysa[/QUOTE]
    11*23*12 95image 38image 28image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_whats-your-biggest-fear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:c8e5f229-2dcb-4a87-b13d-ad1cae3a4078Post:bd567f75-6e3d-4906-88fd-39b48638a712">Re: What's your biggest fear?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My biggest fear is that I will roll/break one of my ankles in my 5 1/2" platforms..... I've been practicing walking in them, even doing housework....man do I work up a sweat with those babies on. I am also afraid my gown will be to small or too big. I have lost a lot of weight through diet and exercise and now I kinda have to put that on hold...workout less, eat less or workout more, eat more. It's really hard, but I know where my measurements need to stay.
    Posted by hshertenlieb[/QUOTE]

Please, please, please be careful in your heels. I work 5 inch heels to a bachelorette party in May, broke my ankle and had to have surgery. My wedding is Nov. 4 and I'm still not completely back to normal and now I'm wearing Converse on my wedding day(which I'm totally fine with). I just want you to enjoy your day and not end up in the hospital. 

And your gown will fit beautifully!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_whats-your-biggest-fear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:c8e5f229-2dcb-4a87-b13d-ad1cae3a4078Post:2f901cd8-3837-4b75-b20f-aba56c77dcc3">Re: What's your biggest fear?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's your biggest fear? : While we can predict or control the weather, I thought they said it would be gone by the weekend
    Posted by amymaysa[/QUOTE]

<div>Is it weird that I can't get "Ms. Jackson" by Outkast out of my head now?</div>
  • Terrified of fights breaking out during the reception. I have 'volatile' family members on both sides of my family and I'm so worried. :(
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my wedding is this saturday and my biggest fear is that the hurricane will ruin everything.
  • Power at venue is out 4 days before the wedding with no estimate as to when it will go back on, due to hurricane. All vendors have no power, and cell phones are sporadic due to overload. Fears are realized. May have to relocate or cancel for now.
  • No real wedding day fears but I am getting anxious and really nervous and thinking about the budget that has ballooned out of control (for my tiny budget).  Just hope to get everything done and have money to pay everyone day before and day of.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards