Wedding Woes
Options

GUEST LIST

I need to drastically cut the guest list, it is out of control.  We were thinking of doing a no kids under 16 list but a lot of family members are getting offended ans its totally not personal to anyone!!  We are a young couple and will have loud music, people drinking, etc so this seems like the best way to cut the guest list.  How can I explain the cut without hurting anyone's feelings?  This has been driving me crazy! I love planning other than this, its making me so upset because I love all my family and friends but the reality is, we cannot afford our 300 + guest list!!!

Re: GUEST LIST

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some people will be happy about no kids.  Some people won't.

Some people will be happy about loud music.  Some people won't.

Some people will be happy about a buffet.  Some people won't.

Point is, you can't please everyone.  If this is how you decide to manage your budget and keep the guest count reasonable do it.

Guest lists suck.
  • Options
    LnR70707LnR70707 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had no kids other than 1st cousins...we didn't really have to explain to anybody.  The kid's names weren't on the invites, that was a clear enough message.  People understood our budget just didn't allow it.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did the same exact thing as the PP, just 1st cousins.  People called and asked if they could bring their kids, we said no, end of story.  I will never understand why people want to bring their kids to a wedding.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cut out the third tier people. If you don't know them personally they don't come. I had this situation where my parents were inviting cousins they hadn't seen in 20+ years and that I had never met. If these people don't know your names and birthdates then they shouldn't be at your wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ps. Do you really know 300+ people that intimately that you want them at your wedding?
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    People tend to back off when you go on the offensive, calling them out for thinking that they get to decide who's invited to someone else's event.  When you make people defend why they think someone else's party is about them and that they should get their own guest list, they find that they can't.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards