Washington-Seattle
Options

Wedding nightmare & rant (kinda long)

So the other night I had my first wedding nightmare. 2 GM and 1 BM didn't show up, I wasn't wearing my dress, and we weren't at my venue.  I was just freaking out, screaming about how things were so messed up and no one acted like they cared! I woke up really mad, lol!

I'm sure the dream stems from how I really don't think that anyone except for my MOH, my mom and I are taking this wedding seriously. The FI still hasn't gone to Men's Warehouse to pick out a tux, nor has he tried to get his GMs together for that or anything else. My MOH is the only one who has ordered her dress from DB! Only 2 BMs have even said they would do it with their next paycheck. And I have this feeling that one of the GMs will back out at some point. He's super flakey and just kind of a loser.

I'm really starting to get angry! I can't do this by myself and FI says that wedding stuff isn't his thing and it's too overwhelming for him to think about all the planning and what not. I could slap him!!!!
For Sale Bio

Updated 10/4/10 image

Re: Wedding nightmare & rant (kinda long)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i had a crazy dream the other night too.. i didn't have a marriage license and it was 2 days before my wedding.... ah!

also, your FI has time to go to the tux shop.. but getting his guys to go in time might be a problem. Our guys need to go by July 10th or so for our July 31st wedding.

Everything will work out! Stop stressing!

and your Fi should be taking the wedding serious, he did ask you right? :)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are right. I know there is time left for the tuxes but I want him to just do something. I am running around doing everything for this wedding, spending all my money and he just sits back watches things come together. Makes me jealous I guess!
    For Sale Bio

Updated 10/4/10 image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think sometimes FI's don't realize what all goes into this. They think their hard part, proposing, is over, and figure we'll pick up the rest. Boy are they wrong!!
    I say take a breath, and give your FI a couple weeks. If he's still not doing anything, try and explain, again, that this is something that is really stressing you out and that if he gets it done, he won't hear from you again, lol!
    I'm sorry for your stress! It'll get better!
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will do exactly that! Thanks dear!!
    For Sale Bio

Updated 10/4/10 image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The best way I've ever heard it put is, "The wedding is NOT a surprise party for the groom." You need the help. Show him your checklists. I really think people just think you get a dress, a venue, some food, and a dj. Until you start to point out - groomsmen clothes, bridesmaid clothes, child attendant stuff, guest book, plates, tables, flowers, timeline...

The other strange thing is that socially, it's almost like the rule is that the guy is supposed to be hands off. Like if he's into it that's lame and you should just take the burden on yourself - while still being available for doing fun things with him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, so do crazy dreams come with the wedding planning thing? My dreams have been nuts, lately, and really not very happy ones. I wonder what part of our subconscious comes out when we aren't thinking "wedding".
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's like pregnancy! lol
    For Sale Bio

Updated 10/4/10 image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards