July 2012 Weddings
Options

Let's Talk....Boutonnieres!

So, I am meeting with our florist tomorrow afternoon.  My fiance will be stuck working, so I asked him if he had any inspiration/ideas/etc. for his boutonnieres.

As many of you know, our colors are a few shades of lavender + silver + ivory.  My bouquet will be all ivory, and the bridesmaids bouquets will be a couple different shades of purple and ivory. 

What does my fiance say when I ask him what he has in mind for his boutonniere?
"A red flower would be nice."

UM SERIOUSLY!

I can't help but laugh even though his lack of vision annoys me sometimes. he realized that was a funny response and said he would prefer mostly ivory.

I am now frantically pinning lots of boutonniere inspiration pictures since I don't know what he really wants and am not sure what to tell our florist.

What are you guys doing for boutonnieres??
Please post inspiration pics if you have them :)

Edit: I am not 100% sure I am spelling boutonnieres right...even though spelling errors are one of those silly things that annoying me, I may be making an error here, haha!

Re: Let's Talk....Boutonnieres!

• Options
    Our colors are fuschia and royal blue, so we're doing blue dedro ordchids for FI, white for the GMs, and fuschia for the dads
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    We have similar colors! For the GM, we are doing lavendar rose bouts. I think it will match the girls' dresses and bouquets nicely.  Their bouquets will be a mix of pinks and purples (hydrangea, roses, etc.) 
    For FI, probably a white rose with touches of pink. My bouquet will be mostly whites and creams but with a few light pink flowers thrown in. I was originally thinking an orchid for FI, but I'm not carrying orchids so I thought it would be better to use a flower that matches my bouquet. 
    For the dads, just simple white rose bouts. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Here are some of my inspiration pics.
     Our colors are fuschia and lime green.

Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    you guys all have such great ideas - this is so helpful, haha! I hadn't thought about dads having something different, I like that idea a lot!

lady, those pictures are GORGEOUS - I love them! Those flowers are so perfect for your color scheme.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-talkboutonnieres?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:594a79c4-bff1-4d41-ad8e-021ae2a22f87Post:acf79f9f-3ed5-4662-bcaa-8e507c1d25d7">Re: Let's Talk....Boutonnieres!</a>:
    [QUOTE]you guys all have such great ideas - this is so helpful, haha! I hadn't thought about dads having something different, I like that idea a lot! lady, those pictures are GORGEOUS - I love them! Those flowers are so perfect for your color scheme.
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

Thank you!!  Now I just have to have my florist replicate it!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Butterfly, I absolutely LOVE the last boutonniere you posted (I commented on pinterest).

And you're spelling it correctly. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not even sure if we'll do them, if so probably non-floral. This might  not be up your ally though:

boutonniere

Another boutonniere
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    FI doesn't think he wants boutonnieres. And I'm cool with that. If he changes his mind, we both like this idea: 

The BMs will have modern looking baby's breath bouquets, so I think they would go well together. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-talkboutonnieres?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:594a79c4-bff1-4d41-ad8e-021ae2a22f87Post:4ecd3e7f-4ae5-43a0-a200-3bd5078d1deb">Re: Let's Talk....Boutonnieres!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The BMs will have modern looking baby's breath bouquets, so I think they would go well together. 
    Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]

We're doing a big spray of baby's breath for our centerpieces, our entrance way to the estate, and at the church! I looooove how it looks. The BMs will have flowers with some baby's breath to tie it together and my fiance will have an ivory rose/ivy/greens with baby's breath. The GM wil just have an ivory rose/ivy/greens.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I refused boutonnieres. 1- I hate then and 2- I am having the girls with gerber daisies a simple 5 or 6. I didn't want big bouquets.

FI was actually pleased with my decision. Then all the GM's asked me when I had a wedding party and spouses gathering so everyone could meet, what I picked. I was getting high fives and back clapped for such an awesome decision. Lol.
  • Options
    Below is one of the cooler flowers in my bouquet.  I have light blue hydrangea, freesia (smells awesome), thistle (dark blue), delphinium and a few yellow sweet heart roses.  Essentially it'll be different shades of blue, with a little green and yellow.  (Can you tell I happen to have my florist contract in front of me?  Haha)

The picture below is the flower that will be FI's boutineer. It's sturdy, because he's a big kid and would destroy something softer real quick, and it should hold up in the heat when we are outside taking pictures.  Its a little different and I don't know why, but I think it looks a little more masculine.  The groomsman's will each have a small pale yellow rose that matches the BM flowers.  (The MOHs will have yellow and blue flowers)
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    Butterfly are you sure our FIs aren't friends??? Haha! I've asked FI a few times but I don't even think he's paying attention when I explain what they are. It's pretty much like our tux convo, "I dunno, we'll figure it out." I'm thinking we might just do a single rose in a color similar to the BM bouquets. Roses are cheap out here, so that just might be best. ETA: lady I also looove your inspiration pic! Such pretty colors!
  • Options

Anyone who is getting a boutonniere are getting roses but different colors depending on who they are or their role in the wedding.

. Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    The guys will have orchids as their boutonnieres but FI will have two mini calla lillies since that is what my bouquet is going to be.  Flowers were the absolute worst for me since I had absolutely no vision when I met with the florist.  

Meagan~do you have a pic of the bouquets your BMs are going to have? That sounds really pretty.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-talkboutonnieres?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:594a79c4-bff1-4d41-ad8e-021ae2a22f87Post:f481f1c8-ec83-4187-8573-6002bcd23711">Re: Let's Talk....Boutonnieres!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here are some of my inspiration pics.  Our colors are fuschia and lime green.
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

Lady I LOVE that!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I saw my florist yesterday and this topic came up of course. And of course I was unprepared with what I want to do! I think we'll be doing similar to what Madisonpenny is dong-same color roses for GM, white rose with a little purple something for FI, same color roses for parents/grandparents. But will pick bouqets before we make a definite choice here! 

Love the idea of baby breaths though...our centerpieces will be purple and apricot roses with baby breaths. And I'm pretty sure that will be the main theme for BMs bouquets with some little purple flowers throughout.
    ~ES~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards