Wedding Woes
Options

How was everyone's Easter?

I had a good day. Early mass with the elderly, yoga, the beach (complete with a nice burn on my right thigh due to me forgetting to spread the SPF there), then home to finish making dinner, and having DH's parents, grandparents and brother over.

I have to say that the food was awesome and well worth the effort. I'm also saying that Mother's Day we'll be taking MIL and GMIL out to brunch at the hotel we got married at.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: How was everyone's Easter?

• Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Meh.  We celebrated MIL's bday at 9:30 and I didn't get home to put in the brisket until almost 2.  Which meant that dinner wasn't ready until around 7:45, but it worked out okay.

Oh and also-I found it weird that The Stand was on yesterday. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was spent with my ILs helping in their yard, hanging out and the BBQ-ing. Jews aren't so big on the Easter thing. We just enjoyed the nice day.
  • Options
    L_WoodsL_Woods member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A little rockin' and rollin' but other than that it wasn't too bad. Plus the champagne was flowing so the nerves were calmed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a great weekend.

Let me tell ya about it.

Friday

I met some friends for happy hour. Fun, talked with some men, Yes, men.

Sat:

Bootcamp, shopping, lunch, got my toes did. Great day.

Sunday: I just LOVE Easter. I think I might love it more than Christmas. It's always such of time of renewal and I can't help but smile when I think about what Jesus did for me.

Y'all know I love my Easter candy, and Easter dinner, but I love Resurrection Sunday so much more. Church was so good. That's why when people say that hate going to church, they're just not going to the right church. A group of people all on one accord praising God. Man, there is nothing better.

I did have me some Peeps and chocolate. Yes, I did, and a great dinner. We watched 2012 after. Ha. Very fitting, I guess.

Anyway, that was my weekend.
  • Options
    loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds so fun, Nola! Glad you enjoyed yourself.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We went to church at our church then packed up food and drove 2.5 hours to my parent's house for dinner.  I made the bunny cake that someone posted on here last week.  The kids loved it.  The cake mix I used wasn't very good, but I made cream cheese icing that forgave the dry cake a bit. 

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My bunny cake melted in the half hour drive between our apartment and my aunt's house.  Other than that, nothing eventful.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was the first Easter w/o the kiddo, so we missed him a little bit.  He was at my parents house, as he and my mom are on their way to TX as I type this.  DH and I opted not to go up to my parents. 

Our Easter was pretty good.  DH and I went to my IL's.  It was just me and DH, my IL's, and DH's Aunt who's physically and mentally handicapped.  She lives in a group home, so my IL's always make sure they bring her over to their house for holidays or whenever we are all gathering for something.   I know MIL also goes and sees her pretty regularly.  DH and I need to be better about that. 

After our mid-afternoon dinner, DH and I hit up Lowe's.  We bought new light fixtures for our kitchen, new faucets, and a new ceiling fan for our living room.

DH and I are kind of at a loss with our time.  There's so much of it!  There's no one to keep track of or getting underfoot.   We already miss him a little, but I'm sure he's going to have the time of his life being spoiled by grandma, great grandma and grandpa (OMG, they were so cute and so excited about him coming to visit) and my aunt and uncle.   He's going to eat up all the attention and I'm SURE he'll be coming home with a TON of new stuff. 
  • Options
    SchmoopitaSchmoopita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wasn't too bad. Brunch at MIL's, dinner at my sister's. I made my special pork roll casserole for brunch and hummus dip as an appetizer for dinner. Got to see DH's niece (born 9/10), I don't think we've seen her since Christmas. DH was fretting most of the time that he had school work to do and was falling behind. This is a daily occurrence so I tried not to let it bother me too much nor give him too much side eye. My sister made us all Blue Hawaiians which were yummy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards