Wedding Woes
Options

Father's Day

What are you giving for your dad?

I need to think of something awesome for DH. He's been so understanding lately with me traveling so much, plus all the studying he's been doing for his exam, and is overall just a great Dad/Husband.

No clue on what my sister and I will do for my dad. He's taken up golfing so maybe we'll get him something golf related.

Re: Father's Day

• Options
    No idea on my dad.  Or FIL for that matter.

I have it on the list to get DH replacement lenses for his sunglasses.  Other than that, IDK.
  • Options
    We just Skype, usually. Maybe I'll see if I can send him some candy or something. 

I don't know that H even took the day off. Last year we went camping and got snowed on. I might get him a new battery for his power tools: he's been complaining that he needs two. 
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I'ma ctually asking my sisters if they want to go in w/ us on a kindle for dad.

The Mr...we're on a budget for these thigns, so I'm planning on an inappropriate kids book for him:
    I Am A Pole (And So Can You!)
  • Options
    I think my ILs are going to be in town that weekend, so we're thinking of just doing a grill out for the Dad's, both of whom love our jalepeno cheese brats, then some nice cards.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited May 2012

I'm getting Dh tickets to a minor league baseball game and making a stepping stone with M2's footprint (my attempt last year was a big fat fail).

My dad always asks for a couple pairs of cheap shorts and tees to cut the grass in.

• Options
    H is getting a card and I'm going to do a painting with DD.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

I read "I am a Pole" in the bookstore a week or so ago. It was awesome.

I have no idea. My dad needs nothing. Last year, I found some shirts on sale and gave him those. Turns out he wears them every day. So maybe some more?

IDK about H, either. He also needs nothing, and every time I do give him something, I end up regretting it.

• Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    also, I'm going to have Buffy help me make him this:

^it's kinda stupid but fun.
  • Options
    OH and I'm going to try and find a garden stone kit for a stone big enough that we can put all of our hand prints on it.  If I can't find that, I'm going to at least get one for each kid.
  • Options
    I got the first season of Game of Thrones for my dad. I bought him the books for his birthday last year, and they don't have HBO, but he mentioned wanting to see the show.

DK - I'm going to get him a GPS. I'm tired of the bitching about never knowing where he is going. I have an app on my phone, but he uses his work Blackberry as his cell phone and due to privacy/IT can't download a GPS app.
  • Options
    No clue.  I'm dread getting gifts for my dad.  He doesn't like anything.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards