Georgia-Atlanta

Grrrr David's Bridal!

I am so angry right now.  Called David's yesterday and asked if I could return a crinoline, customer service said sure if it hadn't been worn (and it hasn't it is still sealed in the bag).  Went in today, they said nope.  Not even a store credit, nothing. Sales are final.

When I bought the crinoline I asked the salesperson if I decided not to use it could it be returned and she said yes, but they would only give me store credit.  I'm perfectly fine with that as I was planning on buying more from them.  Not anymore.

First thing to really piss me off yet in the whole wedding planning process.  Live and learn I guess.. just fyi ladies, make sure you are 100% set on whatever you buy there.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Grrrr David's Bridal!

• My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a similar experience. It really pisses me off when people don't know there jobs and the companies policies. Sorry, girl! Maybe you can sell it somewhere. 
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Sapphire1002Sapphire1002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry that happened..I am sure beyond frustrating!!

I know some girls have had great experiences with DB, but I've never heard one positive thing about them..

Maybe you'll be able to sell it on eBay or Craigslist!
  • ritakellyritakelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe you could try calling another store in the Atlanta area. You may have to drive a while to get to it but then you could still return it. I would call and when they say yes get the person's name then you can fight with the manager when someone else says no.

I had a pretty good experience with DB; but I lucked into a GREAT consultant, Lila in Kennesaw. She was really very helpful and not pushy at all. In the end, she didn't even get the commission for the dress I bought (because I came in 3 times to try on dresses, and she called out the second day I came in so someone else put the dress I ended up buying into the system and ended up getting the credit). Lila still helped me try on more dresses and buy the one I wanted. She also gave good advise about size (one girl told me it was not a big deal that I couldn't sit down in one of the dresses it looked great on me and that I should just buy it -- what about my reception or if I was catholic and needed to sit for mass -- ??). Lila also still helped me after the dress was bought (and she didn't get the commission) which was very nice of her.
  • edited December 2011
    I thought all of DB had a "no return" policy?  I despise DB, and I've been to four.  Their bridesmaids dresses are crap.  Seams will come loose, fasteners will pop off, etc. and this is long before they're even worn.  They are also grossly overpriced on many things.

I paid $240 for a bridesmaid dress.  I purchased the same one in a different color as my wedding dres....for $89 from Macy's (not on sale.)
  • edited December 2011
    That sucks! I am sorry that happened! I really don't like DB at all!
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from them.....the experience was alright....not spectacular.   I got what I wanted though.  But, I went to DB after I made another appointment with a small bridal shop and the woman never showed up to my appointment.  So, I was having dress rejection issues when i went in and was just glad that someone showed up!  I'm not going to them for alterations though or anything else.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • AlicoletteAlicolette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a website called recycledbride.com where you can sell items from our wedding that don't want anymore. Hope this helps!
  • saorisenylsaorisenyl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies..

I was given the corporate number for returns. Left a message and a woman called me back.  Very long conversation.. but in a nutshell she told me they would never sell anyone something they didnt need, and if I dont wear the crinoline it will be my fault if the dress looks bad on me.  I wanted to jump into the phone....

Anyway... no return with them and that's fine at this point I would rather try to resell it when the time comes and let as many people as I can know of my experience. 

What all started this was a post where someone (cant remember her name) said that DB was doing the alterations on her dress and they just made a mess of it.  Cut the seam in the front and just hacked it up.  I remembered some of you ladies mentioning Dora Baker for alterations here in the ATL so I called.  DB gave me an estimate of at least 250.00.  Had my fitting on Saturday with Dora... not only did she show me I looked slimmer without the crinoline, she charged me 95.00 for everything.. even steaming.

Thanks for the support ladies!  I appreciate it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_grrrr-davids-bridal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:65092327-80cd-451f-9e26-9bdd8a2ce8d1Post:c8643690-6220-4348-8614-f9842ade2190">Re: Grrrr David's Bridal!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Ladies.. I was given the corporate number for returns. Left a message and a woman called me back.  Very long conversation.. but in a nutshell she told me<strong> they would never sell anyone something they didnt need, and if I dont wear the crinoline it will be my fault if the dress looks bad on me.  I wanted to jump into the phone....</strong> Anyway... no return with them and that's fine at this point I would rather try to resell it when the time comes and let as many people as I can know of my experience.  What all started this was a post where someone (cant remember her name) said that DB was doing the alterations on her dress and they just made a mess of it.  Cut the seam in the front and just hacked it up.  I remembered some of you ladies mentioning Dora Baker for alterations here in the ATL so I called.  DB gave me an estimate of at least 250.00.  Had my fitting on Saturday with<strong> Dora... not only did she show me I looked slimmer without the crinoline, she charged me 95.00 for everything.. even steaming.</strong> Thanks for the support ladies!  I appreciate it!
    Posted by saorisenyl[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Shoot...I would have done a lot worse than that....I hate DB. IMO very unprofessional and snarky. I have had a much better experience at Alfred Angelo in Dunwoody. Just went today and the ladies were very welcoming and nice. One girl was a little distracted talking to a coworker but whatever, I just needed to buy color swatches and I came in without an appointment, so that is NBD. </div><div>
    </div><div>As for Dora, I too have heard amazing things! I plan on giving her a call later this year. What a price difference! What all did you need done? I need a hem and slight taking in on a satin dress with a straight hem (not scalloped or lace or anything). 

</div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • saorisenylsaorisenyl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I needed it taken in an inch on both sides of the corset and a hem.  She said it would have been cheaper but where she was hemming there was lace that would need to be taken up and laid back down.

Overall, great experience with Dora, DB... not so much lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If you have your receipt & its been under I think 10 days maybe not including weekends or holidays they should give you a store credit & I think even if its under 30 days a credit minus 10%. I don't have my receipt anymore from them, thank goodness, but I had a dress on lay away but found a better deal the day after I had paid $200 on my dress there. Luckily I went there the very next day which was exactly 9 days later & they said no problem corporate would issue me a check for the full amount & it would take 4-6 weeks.. It was fine and dandy until 4 weeks hit & they said oh there was an error processing it because we lost your final receipt! Anyways after many trips to the store & numerous phone calls with corporate I finally got my check 9 weeks later..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards