North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Organza & Trashing The Dress

So I've seen a lot of Bio's (something I have yet to do) where you ladies did a trash the dress phoot shoot... and I LOVE the idea of it!! What's nice for me is that my FBIL will be taking our photos, so I have him for the week to do something like this for us if we decide... only thing is... my dress is mostly organza.. and if / when I get it wet.. it really will be trashed... evidentally when Organza gets wet water spots get left on the fabric and it tends to short of shrink... or at least thats what the woman who did my dress alterations told me... not going to lie I'm a little dissapointed, dont get me wrong I love my dress... but I wonder if I had known that prior to buy and altering it, if I would have been more apt to chose a different one. In any case... are there any of you ladies out there who did a TTD photo shoot and were wearing a dress with some or all organza in it? And if so.. do you think it was worth it? I love how fun it seems, and I so want to do it with my soon to be hubby... but I dont want my dress to be completely ruined... although I know it seems a bit ironic.. considering it is called "TRASH the dress" ugh... any input would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Re: Organza & Trashing The Dress

• Options
    edited December 2011

My dress was organza and re-embroidered lace. It held up just fine.  In fact, I think the ocean actually CLEANED the black parts off my dress from were it swept the floor all night.  It looks good as new now.  We made sure to hose it off (literally, with the garden hose) right after and then hung it up outside to dry.  I had it dry cleaned at home a week later.

I say go for it!  The pictures will last forever and it was so, so fun.

06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could also get a different dress for the trash the dress shoot.. doesn't have to be anything expensive. I don't know about organza, but I'm with Sarah- my dress looked so clean! The only problem I had was sand getting stuck in the 3D flowers of my dress. But I sent it away to be cleaned and preserved so I'm sure they'll take care of it. If not, oh well. I really don't plan to use it ever again, sad to say, because I love wearing it :)
  • Options
    tcigaltcigal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TTD IS ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT!  definitely do it :-)  We loved loved ours- I bought a cheap dress from JCPenny's so we could do it before the wedding since that's all we had time for.  This could be an option for you if you didn't want to risk it, but honestly I bet it'll be fine.  If you want some pic ideas, some of ours are on Matt Lusks wedding photo page (Toni&Josh I think it's under...or Cigal Warren TTD)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow girls thanks so much! I feel so much better about it now... I was so uncertain before... I did by the way scope out some of your pics and now I'm convinced! :) I just hope the weather will allow for it... if not... I'll put up with it.. thanks again for your thoughts, I'm totally going for it!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Toni- your TTD pictures are AWESOME!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_organza-trashing-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:541cbc29-a892-46d9-b22c-c83802b370abPost:ac66a0f6-842c-4dfd-86e6-bb6742d5baa4">Re: Organza & Trashing The Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Toni- your TTD pictures are AWESOME!!!!
    Posted by ChrissieK5[/QUOTE]

AGREED X 1000!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards