North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

ortega'z

Hey yall! Has anyone used ortega'z for catering? we were planning to go with 1587 but we just got our quote from them and it was over $5,600 for 100 people (not including alcohol, we are providing our own or any rentals) and thats just too much for us. we want to use something close by (our recpetion is at budleigh) and i have heard good things about ortegaz. anyone have any comments?? thanks SO much!! the catering part has been the hardest for me so far. it costs more than my photography, videography, flowers, its just crazy to me that food is the most expensive part. 

Re: ortega'z

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Lone Cedar Cafe, which is pretty close to Manteo.  Our catering bill, including all services and tax is 5700 for 125 people.  Amy will work with you to choose items and do pricing to stay under your budget.  We (ok HE) chose some pretty extravagant appetizer items, which is why the catering bill is on the higher side. I'd give them a try- best food I've had in Nage Head. Good luck!
    Ps- My future SIL used Coastal Provisions for her wedding. They had excellent food, and paid about $5000 for 110 people. 
  • Options
    mnwell03mnwell03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in the same boat as you...I am also having my reception at 108 Budleigh and have gotten about 6 catering quotes.  I had it narrowed down to 1587, Kellys, and Ortegaz.  I haven't signed a contract yet but I think I'm going to go with Ortegaz for multiple reasons.  Lisa (the contact person for Ortegaz) has been great with communication.  She has always gotten back to me within a few hours.  One thing that I found very disappointing with 1587 was all of the extra fees that they charge.  They charge an extra ~500 dollars for an "event" fee.  Ortegaz definitely had the best price and doesn't charge you for frivolous stuff (i.e. they don't charge you to cut your cake).  The only extra thing that you will have to provide with Ortegaz is your own linen.  I also found that they provide bartenders at the best price (150 dollars for 6 hours).  I hope that helps!

(I haven't actually tasted their food yet but have read several reviews saying that it was very good!)
  • Options
    JAK33JAK33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using them for my June 11 wedding, they have awesome food and are great to work with, I posted another comment a few days back on my menu.  I think the pricing is very reasonable and the food is sooo delic!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mnwell03 - I've been looking at Kellys too, but I haven't done any quotes yet. How do they compare with ortegaz? How about communication with them?

Hmm... now you gals have me thinking.... maybe I need to check out ortegaz too
  • Options
    mnwell03mnwell03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Teach-  Kelly's quoted me at 10 dollars more per person vs. Ortegaz...The contact person is Mary Ann.  She wasn't too bad with communication but I think the initial contact I had to write to her a second time before I eventually heard back.  That kind of put a bad taste in my mouth from the get go.
  • Options
    JennUndy517JennUndy517 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you all so much for your feedback as always!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married at budleigh next year and I am using Montero's Restuarant from Elizabeth City..they have the best prices (not as high as the beach) plus they provide the linen..no extra charges for cake cutting etc. They can also provide bartendars and much more...I love Montero's!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards