Pennsylvania-Central
Options

It's Been a while but... But Help??

SO...I can barely use the knot anymore because my work blocked it ENTIRELY! I hope everyone is doing well! That said I have a question... Have any of you had any experience with PAR EXSALONCE Salon and Day Spa in York PA for Hair and/or Makeup?? The reason I'm asking is it seems to be reasonable but they aren't open on Sundays (I'm getting hitched on a Sunday) so if I want to use them (or pretty much any salon in the area Sunday) I have to pay $200 on top of the services...SO any feedback would be awesome before I bite the bullet and pay the deposit. TIA.

Re: It's Been a while but... But Help??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No, I haven't, but we miss you!Only two more months until our Honeymoon. YAY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I regularly go there for my hair, mani, and pedis.  I really like Melissa for hair and Jess for nails.  I haven't done a wedding trial yet though, so I can't really speak to the formal side of it.  You should be able to do a trial though if you want. Actually I just made an appointment with Melissa today for a trim later this month.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Hey K-Hart!! I Know I'm Uber Excited...I made the mistake of reading the bad reviews about Excellence though...Kinda scary! How are things coming for you?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I took over your Salone thread!I just talked to a co-worker that our age. I think he's 25? And he just went to Excellence in June and he couldn't say enough about it. He said it was the most amazing trip ever. He kept commenting on the service of the staff and how good the food was. The only think they didn't care for was the milk and the beef. I guess it just tastes a lot different there? He talked to me about it for a half hour at work one day and couldn't wait to go back there. He also said the ocean was a lot of fun. He said it's not crystal blue, but it's nothing like the Atlantic, like you can see your feet! He said they have nice sized waves that are really fun. He also said that the drinks were amazing and the entertainment was really good. I really trust this guy He's super nice, laid back, and in my age group. He got me SO excited about the trip!!!!!And, I think it's super awesome that we're going the same time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, It's ok! I'm 99.9% positive I'm going to book them anyway. It's awesome that you actually know someone that went there! In one of the reviews I read it said that they close the pools down at 5/6ish o'clock...did he say anything to you about that?? I don't drink milk and neither does FI so I think we are ok with that...But he may be a little sad about the beef! I'm sure there are a lot of other options to eat there. I started an internet search to see if anyone had non pro pics from the resort and I found a couple. Your friend is right about the water...it looks more like the water does in the Gulph of Mexico (florida side) vs. Super blue carribbean water..but hell, anything is better than the Atlantic. How are all your plans going??? I haven't been able to check on everyone for updates!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard from several people about the strange tasting beef in the dominican. It may be because they feed their cows differently? Ok, that may be a stretch, but perhaps that's why the meat tastes differently? A couple people that went to different resports in the Dominican said that they beef was questionable. HAHA. My FI will be sad too. He loves his red meat. I'm cool with chicken though. I can't believe you didn't book yet! I thought you booked a while back. We're going from October 22nd to the 30th. I got my Passport, but my FI is sending away for his next week. It's so weird that I get to go on a Honeymoon. HAHA, like I never thought I'd go on one or something?Wedding plans are going well. I just finished up the programs and my RSVP due date is tomorrow. I am now working on calling everyone and harrassing them about returning the RSVP card. It's such a pain in the a$$. I have less than 5 weeks now and I'm ready to just get it over with!!I still want to do a knottie GTG sometime in August so I can meet people for real and catch up with others.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OHH we have had Excellence booked for months now! I wouldn't have risked waiting until now to book the HM! I was talking about booking PAR EXSALONCE haha!! I agree a GTG would be awesome. Hell even if it's just a few ppl or us and our FI's it might be cool to meet before the HM.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OHH, lol about the booking. I'm a little slow today. I'm working on a project and my brian is numb. I Agree! I'm going to see if some of the girls want to do a GTG on August 22nd (that is my FI bachelor party, so I'll be lonely, haha)You weren't able to make it to the last one, right? It was at a sushi place in York and I would say that 14 girls came. It was a lot of fun, bust maybe a little too big to talk to everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards