California-Bay Area

I'm baaaaaaack! :)

Hi Ladies!
    We just got back from our mini moon to Santa Cruz since our honeymoon to Paris isn't until June :(
      The wedding was amazing!! Everything was super fun, I cried more than I ever thought I would and I fell even more in love with my......husband.
      I am now SO excited to hear about all of the things that you are going through. How have you all been?!!?

Photobucket

Re: I'm baaaaaaack! :)

• mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love your new sig pic!  Congratulations!  You look gorgeous!

I'm going nuts.  2.5 weeks to go, and there's so much to do, and no time off from work until the last 3 days!  Argh!!!!  The little details are getting me.  Why can't we get back to the fun stuff like cake tasting and dress shopping?
  • edited December 2011
    I know!! Remember when you were doing tasks thinking, "oh, I've got so much time, I feel silly doing this so early." Now it's crunch time! :)
     2 1/2 weeks!! How exciting!! Are you spending the weekend doing all wedding prep? I'm SO excited for you!! What do you have left to do?
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    ahhhhhhhh!!!
    CONGRATS!!!

SOOO exciting!  we need pics!!!
  • edited December 2011
    PS...loooooove your new siggy pic!  wahhh...my wedding is SO far away!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I can't wait to see more pictures too! I haven't had a chance to see any of them other than this one from our photographer (who was lovely).

Don't worry Reese, time will FLY by, quicker than you think!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    i hope you're right!

so was the day just SO much fun? 
    what was your first dance song? 
    any tips?

details!!
  • edited December 2011
    The day was amazing! I had such a great time getting ready with my ladies with some mimosa's and college football. I felt like the day was dragging and then the second the photographer got there everything went into overdrive.

When my dad came to get me to walk down the aisle I totally lost it. He said "I can't look at you right now since I'll start crying, so I'm just going to look straight ahead and make sure I get you down there to Sam."

The best advice I can give is go with the flow and get a DOC! I didn't have one and my family really stepped up and got everything done, but now I feel guilty about it. (even though they all say they really enjoyed it)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    thats so great to hear!  i'm so happy for you!!!!

i actually found a DOC...havent booked her yet...but i think its a definite MUST.
    thanks, Yuki!  i hope you'll still be hanging around here for a while =)
  • mica178mica178 member
    edited December 2011
    Yuki, did the Brazilian Room have an event coordinator?  My venue has an event coordinator who will do the set up on the day of and manage during the wedding.  Should I be looking for a last-minute DOC on top of that?  Oh dear...

Still waiting for a couple last invites, then need to do seating charts, programs, table numbers, favors, OOT bags, bathroom basket, cardbox, wrap BM presents and write cards to family... Goodness.

Post pictures when you have them!

Reese, enjoy the time you have.  I miss the days when the wedding seemed so far away and planning felt more theoretical!
  • vb0000vb0000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Yuki! I haven't personally thanked you but I need to.  Your post here somewhere on Knot boards about Julie Cheshire photography was INVALUABLE!!!!  I CAN NOT THANK YOU ENOUGH! I interviewed her along with some others but knew from the instant I talked to her on the phone to make an appointment that she was the photographer for me.  Luckily she was free for my date next year and now we've got her all set for our engagement photos next month.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!  I can see from your signature photo that I made possibly the BEST decision I could have made for my wedding day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Mica- There was not DOC at the Brazilian Room and I leaned a lot on my family (lucky for me we had about 11 people working together) I just feel guilty now since I know how much work they did and feel like maybe they could have enjoyed the wedding a little bit more if they didn't have to set up.
    Good luck getting your to do list done! It sounds like you've got everything well organized and have a good grasp on what is left. You must be SO excited!!

Reese- I'll definitely be on for at least a little longer, I have to at least check in and see how things are going with you and all the fun planning you have ahead! I can't wait to hear all the stories!

vb- I'm so glad you're working with Julie! I LOVE her! Not only is her personality awesome and super laid back, she is so organized and easy to work with. She did an absolutely amazing job keeping us on track for all of the wedding pictures, had an amazing eye (she was the one that suggested we do the picture I'm using as my signature) and just all around fun. I hope you have a fun time doing your engagement pictures. Where are you planning on taking them?
    Photobucket
  • mica178mica178 member
    edited December 2011
    Woo hoo!  Yuki's staying around!

I'm hoping that things stay quiet here at work so I can leave on time.  I have a packed weekend including our pre-wedding dance class, lots of little errands, and some fun stuff for my FI's upcoming birthday.

Have a good weekend, girls!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards