Massachusetts
Options

Gregory's? *jonchrissy*

I'm calling Gregory's this week to order samples for tasting, do you have any tips, favorite flavors we should try, etc? 
Thanks!

Re: Gregory's? *jonchrissy*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes!

We both really liked the white cake with lemon filling and the lemon cake with raspberry filling.

For darker flavors- we really liked the dark chocolate- we tried it w vanilla buttercream, but are planning on trying it with something different before we decide.

We thought the plain chocolate was dry.

EDIT: I should add, the woman who answers the phone can be a little short. Like the last thing she wants to do is answer that phone. When I went to the store they were really nice.
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, thank you!  I called today, and I understand what you mean about the woman who answered the phone, but she was helpful enough.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What flavors are you trying?
    26 image Can't make it

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We picked: strawberry with bavarian cream filling, vanilla with cookies and cream filling, almond cake with chocolate filling and lemon cake with vanilla filling - which should be a broad enough spectrum.  I was looking for lighter flavors since we're getting married in the summer.  Tasting is next weekend, so I can let you know my thoughts on those filling flavors after that if you're still looking to try other fillings. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohh yum! Let me know!!
    26 image Can't make it

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We ended up loving the strawberry cake with the bavarian cream filling together, but the filling I liked the most was the cookies and cream, it really tasted just like cookies and cream ice cream. 
    Thoughts on the other flavors - the chocolate filling wasnt very flavorful and the almond cake was only ok. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're using greggory's- the cakes were really good.  we're having chocolate cake with coconut cream filling
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards