New York
Options

It's starting... (semi long)

So I was all excited a few months ago that wedding planning wasn't stressful at all-- everything was booked and that was that!

I was wrong.

We have +/- 5 months to go and haven't planned ANY details. We ordered the save-the-dates and they will be here on Wednesday which means they should be sent out asap, which means we need to have all addresses collected, list finalized, etc.

I scheduled our first florist meeting for next weekend, and just after that, I ran into our church coordinator who told us to start planning soon!

My family/fiance are so super busy with work, and while of course they are interested, I'm feeling very overwhelmed at this point.

Everything just sneaked up on us really fast, and I had a feeling this would happen. I just didn't expect to feel overwhelmed in January for a July wedding.
We've been using TK checklist and the one that came in our wedding planner which helps.

Anyway, this was just a mild panic rant! Thanks for listening ladies!
image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: It's starting... (semi long)

• Options
    Happily9Happily9 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    You're not alone! Every time I looked at a list I would panic! Just take one thing at a time...it all gets done eventually!
  • Options
    I really feel your pain, I started to panic right around 5 months too. You get under the 6 month mark and it's just like yikes! Now I'm rapidly approaching the 3 month mark and this wedding is totally monopolizing my brain. When I think about all that needs to be done I get dizzy, so I'm trying to focus on one thing at a time. I just keep envisioning the honeymoon....we're almost there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have wedding plans almost every single weekend, it's coming up so fast now.  Just take it one step at a time, and making lists can help because it's a great feeling to cross stuff off.  Good luck!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank you so much!! It's good to know I'm not alone here. FI is so wonderful, though. He wants to sit down and go through everything and see what needs priority and what can wait a little longer. Gives me a little sense of relief.

I really had no clue what a wedding could turn in to!
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think most brides go through this. I definately started to feel overwhelmed towards the end, but it all worked out. Don't stress yourself out too much, everything will start to come together and the details will fall into place.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In the end it all comes together.  The key is to make lists and break it up into small chunks.  If you think of everything that needs to be done at once, you'll be stressed beyond belief.  We got engaged last January and had our wedding July 23.  Granted we had a small, casual wedding but we planned the whole thing from out of state in less than 5 months.  The key was to focusing on one aspect at a time.  I made a list, prioritized what needed to be done in what order and set goals each week.  Obviously location/food was the first that needed to be set.  Once that was figured out, I moved onto finding a officiant, then photographer, etc.  If I tried to think of all those things at once I would have gone crazy.  I just themed each week, which my husband found funny.  He always joked which week it was, florist, invitation, favors, etc.  And a lot of things really can't be picked/planned/set until a few weeks/months before.  Month 2-3 were sort of boring as the big stuff was set and the small things couldn't really be settled on until it was closer.

One step at a time and just remember that no matter what it will be one of the best days of your life :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards