New York-Western

Belhurst Castle - Edgar's Restaurant

Hey there!

I'm planning a bridal brunch in or around Geneva and was curious -- has anyone tried the weekend brunch buffet at Belhurst? I've read some mixed reviews about the food... so I'm a little worried about booking. The venue, though, is GORGEOUS and would be perfect.

Any feedback would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks!
Kelly

Re: Belhurst Castle - Edgar's Restaurant

• edited December 2011
    To be honest, I thought the price was a little outrageous for the food.  Yes, the place is beautiful, but there are so many gorgeous locations around Seneca Lake... I just don't think it's worth what they rob you for.
    Check out Glenora Inn or Ventosa... not exactly cheap either, but I think much more reasonable with respect to what you get.... And I think both of their views (especially Ventosa... WOW) are better.
    We checked out many wineries around the lake and ended up going with Glenora, but I would have been so happy with either of those two.  I think they are the best of the best!!!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I have never been there for brunch, but my FMIL and FSIL went to a wedding there and stayed for the brunch the next day and had a horrible experience. They said the selection of food wasn't good and the food was cold. FMIL said based on how much it cost it was in no way worth it.  Hope this helps.
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been there for brunch several times and thought it was great.

I may be biased though, as I am getting married there. : )
  • marisah83marisah83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never had the brunch there, but I've been for dinner, and it was delicious!
    09.10 Siggy Challenge
    PhotobucketMy favorite picture is of the night we got engaged!
  • edited December 2011
    I love the brunch there.  I am not biased, even though I did get married there.  I have been to other places around, and the price is very competitive for the area, for what you get, and mimosa's and bloody mary's are included.  I have been there several times, and love the view, the food and the service.  I would recommend it.
    -- Check out my planning page: http://sites.google.com/site/flanshanwedding/ Introducing Dragonfly Designs & Events Specializing in custom invitations, stationery & event planning for all of life's special moments! Check us out on the web: www.designedbydragonfly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards