Ohio-Cincinnati

A Little "Get to know you" post

Hey ladies!  I'm seeing a lot of new names, so maybe it would be good to do a little get to know you post.  So....

Names:
Wedding date:
Colors:
Favorite Vendor so far:
How did he (or you) propose?
What did you do for fun before wedding planning?
Honeymoon destination:
Any other fun facts you want to add:

(If you're new, no problem on not having anything planned  Wink  That's what the board is for!)

Re: A Little "Get to know you" post

• edited December 2011
    I'll start if it makes it easier...

Names: Amanda & Jon

Wedding date:  Many moons ago (6/20/08)

Colors: Black and White

Favorite Vendor so far:  We had a few... Brideface, Brian Deyo, Masterworks, the Syndicate.....

How did he (or you) propose? He took me on a surprise trip to Vegas.  He had it planned so we went on a helicopter trip.  When we landed in the bottom of the Grand Canyon, he told me we have nowhere to go but up and proposed. 

What did you do for fun before wedding planning?  Reading, crafts, shopping

Honeymoon destination:  We went back to Vegas and did the other parks in the Grand Staircase (Bryce and Zion). 

Any other fun facts you want to add:  If you can't tell from the ticker, we're expecting our first baby soon!
  • edited December 2011
    OK, I will give it a go...
    Names: Jenny and Mark
    Wedding date: August 20, 2011
    Colors: Sangria, Purple and Silver
    Favorite Vendor so far: The Happy Couple Duo
    How did he (or you) propose? Nothing romantic, he just got down on one knee in the kitchen one night while I was doing dishes and asked me to marry him (well maybe for him it was romantic)
    What did you do for fun before wedding planning? Drink copious amounts of alcohol (j/k)
    Honeymoon destination: Put In Bay
    Any other fun facts you want to add: I would love to find a way to incorporate my dog baby into the wedding.  And yes, I am serious.

• edited December 2011
    Names: Samantha & William

Wedding date: October 13, 2012

Colors: Black, White and Red

Favorite Vendor so far: We haven't picked any yet, just started going to venues :)

What did you do for fun before wedding planning? Penpalling and Scrapbooking. I am majorly behind!!!

Honeymoon destination: It is still up in the air but we are leaning towards Germany or Italy if we have the money or if we need to be more inexpensive it will be New Orleans!

Any other fun facts you want to add: I am a mom of a 6 year old boy who is just fantastic!! And William has 2 kids from a previous marriage so we have our hands full, lol.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • newsgrl39newsgrl39 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Names: Sam (Samantha) and Bobby

Wedding date: August 5th, 2011

Colors: Hot Pink, Purple, with hints of green, blues..

Favorite Vendor so far: Tine Hofman with TM photography.

How did he (or you) propose?At the Bengals Game in Baltimore on the field before the game started. 

What did you do for fun before wedding planning? Hang out with my group of friends, shopping, livin the rockstar lifestyle... HA

Honeymoon destination:Jamaica

Any other fun facts you want to add: ummm. this is random and not that any of you know what i look like but occassionally you can see in the background of the channel 9's newscast. I work in the newsroom!  My mom always calls me when she sees me and tells me to wave. lol. obviously i am not allowed. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Names: Jessica and Gabe

Wedding date: June 9, 2012

Colors: Undecided! So far I love purples 

Favorite Vendor so far: We've only booked our venue which is Kumler Chapel in Oxford but I'm very excited as it's gorgeous!

How did he (or you) propose? Made me go on a scavenger hunt throughout our apartment, it ended with a slideshow of pictures of us together then he got down on one knee..

What did you do for fun before wedding planning? I'm in nursing school so I'm not sure what "fun" and "Free time" is anymore! haha. I love going to the dog park with my Yorkie (just turned one), hiking, and the cincinnati zoo is one of my favorite places to go!

Honeymoon destination: Jamacia (98% sure)

Any other fun facts you want to add: I'm a huge grateful dead fan, and a parrothead! We get to every buffett concert at riverbend rain/sun/heat/cold!
  • edited December 2011
    Names:Jessica & Joe

Wedding date: September 10, 2011

Colors: Purple & Black

Favorite Vendor so far: Excited to have our engagement session with our photographer - Ian Maslov..we will see after that!

How did he (or you) propose? We were on vacation June 2009 in Niagara Falls. We had dinner overlooking the falls, then watched the fireworks over the falls, then he proposed. :)

What did you do for fun before wedding planning? Went out with friends, anything together
    Honeymoon destination: TBD - Hoping something tropical/Carribean, if we can afford it!

Any other fun facts you want to add: Our DJ, who is my fiancee's cousin, is also a DJ on a local radio station!
  • edited December 2011
    Names: Lindsay and Joe
    Wedding date: 8/13/11
    Colors: fuschia/lime green
    Favorite Vendor so far: Chris Shenton Photography, Fabulous Bridal
    How did he (or you) propose? After dinner and a stop at a local ice cream shop, in our bedroom. =)
    What did you do for fun before wedding planning? Lots of sporting events, movies
    Honeymoon destination: Punnta Cana, Dominican Republic
    Anniversary
  • GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Mike & Chrissy - I am a Dayton bride!

Wedding date: May 21, 2011 - soooo close!!

Colors: Magenta & Silver with hints of black

Favorite Vendor so far: Michelle Marx - Marxey Makeup

How did he (or you) propose? We were on our 2nd night of a Caribbean cruise. We had just gotten all dressed up for "formal night" dining. We walked out on the balcony of the ship to watch the sunset before dinner, and he got down on 1 knee and whipped out the ring. I couldn't stop crying. That was March 1, 2010.

What did you do for fun before wedding planning? OSU tailgates & games, concerts, shopping, hanging with friends

Honeymoon destination: Secrets Maroma Beach - Riviera Maya, Mexico!

Any other fun facts you want to add: I just can't believe the wedding is SO close.....its pretty surreal to think about :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Names: T & L

Wedding date: July 30, 2011

Colors: tiffany blue and gold with some antique pink accents

Favorite Vendor so far: Can I name all of them? Tracy Doyle Photography, Poetic Cinema, Marxey Makeup, Susan Foy The Wedding Designer, Rose Trio, Party Pleasers, Patricia's Cakes

How did he (or you) propose? We had a traditional tea ceremony (common in Vietnamese and Chinese culture) where our families traveled from both coasts to share this wedding-like (but not wedding yet!) event; pics - 
    http://clearheavens.weebly.com/tea-ceremony.html

What did you do for fun before wedding planning? We had lots of dinner parties at each other's houses to relax and enjoy

Honeymoon destination: Carribeans, we're very excited, this is our first time on an island

Any other fun facts you want to add: I am very girly and I love ruffles, pearls, flowers, beautiful stationery
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • BMBrinsonBMBrinson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Brandy and Jeff

Wedding date: October 13,2011

Colors: Black and White with accents of red

Favorite Vendor so far: The Cincinnati Museum Center (Wedding and Reception)

How did he (or you) propose? He bought the ring the night before, then right at midnight on 1/1/11 he got down  on one knee in front of all our friends at a bar in Cleveland. I had no idea it was going to happen!

What did you do for fun before wedding planning? Well I'm in nursing school so I don't much more than that....
    Honeymoon destination: don't know but some place warm

Any other fun facts you want to add: I have a beautiful one year old puppy named Winnie!

for siggy
  • hcohen0222hcohen0222 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Names: Holly & Mike

Wedding date: October 21, 2011

Colors: Wine, bronze, cream, maybe a hint of dark purple

Favorite Vendor so far: The Bell Centre!

How did he (or you) propose? At my family vacation spot in Ocean City New Jersey, on the beach, right before the fireworks started on July 4th!!  Completely surprised me!!

What did you do for fun before wedding planning? Hang out with friends and family, shopping, out to eat, movies.

Honeymoon destination: Vegas for right after the wedding,  and then Paris in spring 2012!!!

Any other fun facts you want to add:  Mike and I met through Facebook!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    186 invitedimage 153 are ready to party!image 33 are missing outimage
    RSVP date September 28
  • CrysJacob11CrysJacob11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Crystal and Ben

Wedding date: To be determined - sometime after he finishes school and passes the boards probably Jan 12, 2013

Colors: Purple, Navy, and Green

Favorite Vendor so far: Don't have any yet. Undecided

How did he (or you) propose? During dinner on our 6th anniversary (Jan 12, 2010)

What did you do for fun before wedding planning? Movies, dinners out with friends, going to the Zoo and parks with our daughter

Honeymoon destination: Most likely a Disney cruise in the Caribean so we can take our kids.

Any other fun facts you want to add: We have two children together a 3 yearold girl and a 3 month old boy: so we have our hands full and are taking our time planning our wedding. Wink
  • edited December 2011
    Names: Jessica and Jon

Wedding date: August 6, 2011

Colors: Scarlet, grey, and black (a mesh of Ohio State and UC colors)

Favorite Vendor so far: So far, Alfred Angelo flagship store in Dayton - they were really patient with me even though I came close to closing time, and I found the dress there.  Cincinnati Parks (we're having an outdoor wedding) has been really patient as we had to switch our times around.  And the Hamilton County Parks (we're having our reception at Mill Race Banquet Center owned by the Parks) worked with my FI to find the right reception location that worked for us.

How did he (or you) propose?
    I met him up at school (he's a student at Cinti State) to hang out for a little bit.  We were in the game room up there at a table with he and his friends.  He started playing Peter Gabriel's "Shock the Monkey" (it's a South Park reference).  Then he got down on one knee, took out the ring, and asked me to marry him.  I was in such shock that it was really happening that I asked him if he was kidding.  He looked all sad and he was like, "no, I'm serious."  Then I told him "yes!" and hugged him.  He looked so relieved!

What did you do for fun before wedding planning?  I hung out with friends, worked on my research, traveled, etc.

Honeymoon destination: Probably camping in the Smoky Mountains down in Tennessee.

I am so looking forward to graduating from UC over the summer.  I'm finishing up a graduate degree in political science.  I've been in school way too long and I'm looking forward to finishing almost as much as I am the wedding.  The first thing I do once I finish my research is go play The Sims 3.
  • budde022budde022 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello all, I did post that i was new on the board but not much other information.
    Names: Katie and Mike
    Wedding date: 6/24/11
    Colors: Guava (from DB) and Green
    Favorite Vendor so far: Walden Ponds Golf Club
    How did he (or you) propose? At my favoirtie place in a pioneer village (a church we said if we didn't have such a big family we would get married in)
    What did you do for fun before wedding planning? play sports, hike, enjoy the outdoors
    Honeymoon destination: home sweet home
    Any other fun facts you want to add: I am pretty close to the end of my planning. On the boarderline of feeling good and freaking out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sloanawsloanaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names:Andrea and Andy (Andy squared haha)
    Wedding date: August 27, 2011
    Colors:Orange and Royal Blue
    Favorite Vendor so far: Cakes by Mindy and Susan Foy for flowers!
    How did he (or you) propose? Well I really love the Columbus Blue Jackets, and we try to get up to a few games a year.  We always go for my birthday, and since it is their tenth year anniversary this year, I wanted to get to the first game of the year. I have always wanted to go to the first game anyway, so my fiancee, myself, and four of our friends took the day off to go. (three more friends met us there.) We all went really early to get cheap student tickets, so we were there about two hours early, and went to get pizza then came back into the line. Anyway, he doesn't like getting pictures taken normally, so I was a bit surprised that he suggested I start taking pictures of banners and such, which I was going to anyway, but after a minute of me doing this he asked one of our friends to take a picture of this. I was like wow this is odd, but as I went to hand my camera to our friend, Andy practically took it from me to give it to the friend. I was like okay then, but stepped back like normal to take a picture, only to find he wasn't there! I looked around and then down, and he was down on one knee! Bless his heart, the box was upsidedown he was so nervous! He later told me that he wanted to get it on the big screen, but it had been in his pocket all day (even through lunch with my dad) and he could not wait any longer. It was perfect!
    What did you do for fun before wedding planning? reading, drawing, watching hockey....I was also student teaching.
    Honeymoon destination: Disney World!
    Any other fun facts you want to add: We are wearing converse for our wedding!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic June Offbeat Siggy: Then and Now Pics!!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Names: Melanie and Brad
    Wedding date: September 16, 2011
    Colors: Navy blue and gray
    Favorite Vendor so far: I'm such a fan of our vendors, but my top two are the photographer and the venue. We have Nathan Peel doing our photography and Krippendorf Lodge for the venue.
    How did he (or you) propose? You can check out the full story on my blog, but Brad took me to a pumpkin patch (same local farm where we had our first date) and proposed while we picked a pumpkin.
    What did you do for fun before wedding planning? Well, I was in graduate school, so I didn't really have fun. ha!  Brad and I love to watch movies and have quiet nights in.  I like to crochet, read for fun, and go shopping. 
    Honeymoon destination: We are headed to San Francisco!!
    Any other fun facts you want to add: Since becoming engaged, I have started a blog and am starting to want to find my way around the kitchen.  I'm a little worried, but Brad continues to eat anything I cook.  
  • JMWiesMomJMWiesMom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Rick and Jen
    Wedding date: 09/03/2011
    Colors: navy blue and burnt orange
    Favorite Vendor so far: Lindsay Mesa (DOC)
    How did he (or you) propose? On our family vacation in Charleston, SC on the beach with a professional photographer their to capture my surprise.  To make it even better, he surprised me further by flying my imitate family in to share in the excitement.
    What did you do for fun before wedding planning? working on my masters (done in June), run, travel
    Honeymoon destination: Greece and Turkey
    Any other fun facts you want to add: I'm am an out-of-town bride (living in DC and FI in Cincy) who has really benefited from everyone on the knot. 
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_little-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:1d74dc86-081d-4b2e-ad10-6a02448aede6Post:bf976819-6c75-45f3-a0ad-997d4eb57f44">Re: A Little "Get to know you" post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Names:<strong> Rick and Jen</strong> Wedding date: 09/03/2011 Colors: navy blue and burnt orange Favorite Vendor so far: Lindsay Mesa (DOC) How did he (or you) propose? On our family vacation in Charleston, SC on the beach with a professional photographer their to capture my surprise.  To make it even better, he surprised me further by flying my imitate family in to share in the excitement. What did you do for fun before wedding planning? working on my masters (done in June), run, travel Honeymoon destination: Greece and Turkey Any other fun facts you want to add: I'm am an out-of-town bride (living in DC and FI in Cincy) who has really benefited from everyone on the knot. 
    Posted by RJWiesman[/QUOTE]

<div>Hi <span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;" class="Apple-style-span"><a style="border-style:initial;border-color:initial;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;font-size:12px;vertical-align:baseline;background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:transparent;text-decoration:none;font-weight:normal;color:#1f1f1f;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;" href="http://community.theknot.com/cs/ks/user/default.aspx?membershipid=7891158672102934&plckUserId=7891158672102934" target="_blank" class="username_knot">RJWiesman</a>!  I wanted to welcome you!  I also found it funny that your username is very much like one of the sales managers at the Madison: Becca with the same last name.  Some of the girls on this board booked with Becca for their wedding. :p  I met her, she's very nice.</span></div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • dori851dori851 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Dori & Matt
    Wedding date: May 12, 2012
    Colors: Coral & Light Yellow
    Favorite Vendor so far: I've just started planning, so I haven't met with any vendors yet, only done research online.
    How did he (or you) propose? We were on vacation with his family last summer, and he proposed to me while we were all sitting around a campfire.l
    What did you do for fun before wedding planning? I played soccer in college for 2 years, then found out I was pregnant and now have an 8 month old son.l Yes, we did things a little backwards, oh well!
    Honeymoon destination: Not sure yet, somewhere warm & sunny though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Names: Courtney & Tim
    Wedding date: May 25, 2012
    Colors: Black Dresses with Lime Green & Purple
    Favorite Vendor so far: Michael Bambino and Beckett Ridge Country Club 
    How did he (or you) propose? He proposed at Immaculata in front of the Skyline with red roses everywhere
    What did you do for fun before wedding planning? Scrapbook, Baking, etc
    Honeymoon destination: We are thinking Cali and touring the Big Sur Highway?
  • edited December 2011

Names: Jessica & Kenneth

Wedding date: October 2012

Colors: Black and white and maybe a little red or pink

Favorite Vendor so far: Just starting the planning process, so no vendors yet!

How did he (or you) propose? Ken is from Papua New Guinea, and so the idea of proposals and engagements and surprises was foreign to him.  I was so touched and surprised when he surprised me by proposing to me on our anniversary. 

What did you do for fun before wedding planning? Since our wedding is over a year away, my life has not been consumed by wedding planning.  I like to read, dance, love the theatre and opera and travel.  

Honeymoon destination:  Not confirmed yet, but we are thinking of an Alaskan cruise.  

Any other fun facts you want to add: I am a born and bred Cincinnatian, but currently live in St. Louis.   The wedding will take place in Cincinnati, and I hope to settle back there in the next few years!     

• JMWiesMomJMWiesMom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Clearheavens! Thats funny you say that because I met with Becca when we first started looking at places.  Our names are similar!  We loved the Madison but ended up going with the Radisson because of wanting somewhere with a hotel.
  • edited December 2011
    Names: Jess & Matt (Jessica & Matthew formally)
    Wedding date: June 9, 2012
    Colors: Yellow, Blue, and White
    Favorite Vendor so far: Great American Ballpark for venue
    How did he (or you) propose?: On the Carew tower in Cincinnati. He gave me a quarter to look through the binoculars at Kentucky and said he'd be right back, was going to look around. Really he was finding someone to take a picture of us as he popped the question. He came back over and by that time I was finished with the binoculars. He said "I have something for you", got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. :) He was shaking the whole time, it was so sweet.
    What did you do for fun before wedding planning?: Reds games, movies, putt putt, watching favorite tv shows, board games, etc.
    Honeymoon destination: Disneyworld!!
    Any other fun facts you want to add: Hmmm...I have hardly anything set it stone yet, but I have my dress (that I LOVE) and I know I'm making my own bouquets with sunflowers with blue and white flowers. I want to keep it forever.
  • ckollstedtckollstedt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Cathy and Nick
    Wedding date: 6/25/2011
    Colors: blue and green (centerpiecs, bouquet/ boutenieers are every color of the reinbow!)
    Favorite Vendor so far: Premier Parks (we're getting married/ having the reception at Oak Ridge Lodge, where my parents got married); 
    they've worked with us on every request we've had, and been very accommmodating for everything
    How did he (or you) propose? we'd been in a long distance relationship since 2006, when we both went to different colleges; November 29, 2009, we were both at home and wanted to celebrate our 7th year anniversary.  Nick got down on one knee and gave me the ring, I cried a lot, etc etc lol!
    What did you do for fun before wedding planning? haha love thi
    Honeymoon destination: TBA: we don't have the $$$ to take a honeymoom at the moment!
  • edited December 2011
    Names: Julie and Wade

Wedding date: June 2012

Colors: purple and green

Favorite Vendor so far: just started looking

How did he (or you) propose? We both go to UC and live near Burnett Woods and were going for a walk.  We decided to sit on a park bench and enjoy the nice weather.  We were talking and he got down on one knee and asked me.

What did you do for fun before wedding planning? hang out with friends and play with our two puppies.

Honeymoon destination: somewhere warm that neither of us have ever been.

Any other fun facts you want to add:  We have two beagle puppies that are turning one in May.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
    June 2012 - July Siggy Challenge: Ceremony Venue
  • edited December 2011
    Names: Angie and Jeremy
    Wedding date: May 19, 2012
    Colors: not sure yet...probably some purples and blues
    Favorite Vendor so far: The Cannery
    How did he (or you) propose? On a beach in Thailand after sunset...he wrote will you marry me in the sand.
    What did you do for fun before wedding planning? Cook, eat, blog
    Honeymoon destination: not sure yet...wanting to do Norway if airfare prices stop being ridiculous

Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• edited December 2011
    Names: Todd & Courtney
    Wedding date: 9/24/11
    Colors: Aubergine (Eggplant purple) w/ accents of green & burnt orange
    Favorite Vendor so far: Traci @Bridal & Formal, Susan Foy - The Wedding Designer
    How did he (or you) propose? He proposed at home, in the kitchen!  We celebrated with a bottle of wine we had been saving from a previous trip to California for a "special occasion"! :)
    What did you do for fun before wedding planning? Watch movies, play w/ our puppy, shop!
    Honeymoon destination: Renaissance Aruba!
  • edited December 2011
    Names: Lizzie and Casey

Wedding date: March 26, 2011

Colors: dark purple and light blue

Favorite Vendor so far: Lisa Rice for sure.....she is such a talented photographer and she was so sweet and so fun to work with. Michelle Marx also did a fantastic job making me and my bridesmaids look fabulous and Flying Buttercream made us an amazing cake!

How did he (or you) propose? After dinner one night right before Christmas. We were at home and he had asked my dad for my hand that night and couldn't wait any longer. It was sweet and simple.

What did you do for fun before wedding planning? Hung out with my girls a lot. Lots of long nights at Northside Tavern and karaoke nights at Southgate House.

Honeymoon destination: Western Caribbean cruise on Carnival

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards