Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Reasonably priced AI's

I'm looking for an AI in the carribean or bahamas besides sandlas or secrets. Any suggestions? Also are you guys booking directly with the resorts or with travel agents?

Re: Reasonably priced AI's

• Options
    What is your price point? Your best bet is Mexico (Cancun, Riviera Maya, Playa Del Carmen). If you must do Caribbean, we're going to Barbados. Staying at Crystal Cove which is approximately 2000 for 5 nights.
  • Options
    We're staying at Couples San Souci for 8 nights. Everything including flights and travel insurance came to $4000. Some of the other rooms were a little less too. They also have Wednesday specials you can sign up for, you would just have to be flexible about when you go but the deals are amazing. We booked through couples, I did a lot of research and it seemed to give us the best price when including airfare.
  • Options

We've stayed at Secrets and Sandals in the Carribean and El Dorado's in Mexico and have enjoyed all of them.  (Sandals has a little better locations.)  With our families we have stayed at RIU's and Barcelos--- but those are definitely more family oriented than a romantice getaway.  They are all so different.  (Tripadvisor really helps!)
    We've always booked with a travel agent because we've felt you always get a little extra TLC when you booked with an agent and she has helped us find the perfect resort/location for what we are looking for and within our budget .  Plus, you don't have to pay everything up front.  I can recommend ours if you are interested, just PM me.

• Options
    what do you consider 'reasonable'?

• Options
    well we are wanting to stay at about 3500 but 4000 being the most...has anyone heard anything about the Hard Rock in Puntas Cana? we are going to be staying no longer than 4 nights considering that I just started a new job and wont have that much vaca time come this April of next year....

Also thank you everyone that has given your input so far :)
  • Options
    I would recommend one of the Couples resorts in Jamaica.  You get a lot of bang for your buck.  Your stay includes a number of excursions.  We stayed at Couples Tower Isle and did the Dunns River, horseback riding, and sunset catamaran excursions. 

You should always book through a TA.  The trip should cost the same either way; sometimes a little less with a TA.  Mine is awesome; she is extremely knowledgeable and very easy to talk to.  Feel free to PM me if you'd like her info.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards