Florida-South Florida
Options

We're getting married! A Formal Intro

Hello Knotties!I can't believe I'm getting married!  I'm a wedding vendor myself, so its weird to be on this side of the fence!  I'm so excited!  Now I know how it feels like to be a bride-to-be (and I never thought planning would be this hard!  Props to you ladies!)We are thinking about getting married in Hawaii, but we live in South Florida, so we may just decide to get married here.  We are still weighing our options.  I jsut wanted to stop in and say hello!  And thanks in advance for any questions I may throw at you guys!  This really is a great resource!  ~Melissa

Re: We're getting married! A Formal Intro

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure ... how to react to this. Congrats on your engagement, 2 years is plenty to plan, I suppose. But as far as I'm concerned, vendors are not allowed to post here ... ?I'll just wait and see what the Elder Knotties have to say about this. But congrats, regardless!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement, that's wonderful and all, BUT.. vendors are not allowed to post on the boards. Kudos to you though for coming right out and saying it, instead of being sneaky and constantly recommending yourself :) good luck planning!
  • Options
    muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Melissa and congrats.  Unfortunately, if you are a wedding vendor and out yourself as one, even if you never ever promote yourself, you are not supposed to post here.Once we know, it is not allowed.My advice, if you really want to post here and share with the ladies, delete your account, make a new one and never ever talk about or allude to your profession.I believe that this rule happened b/c too many knotties turned into vendors during or post planning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Melissa, Congrats on your engagement, but I'm sure that once you out yourself as a vendor, you're not allowed to post unfortunately :( This is because too many knotties have turned into vendors and have tried to push their services on other knotties. If you really wanna post, I think you should follow muddilicious' advice...therefore you won't get in trouble. Congrats again and happy planning!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome Melissa :)Like the girls said, unfortunately vendors are not allowed to post on here...that being said, of course wedding vendors get married and we welcome you with open arms. You can continue to post and avoid discussing your profession (or delete your account and create a new name without your profession in it) - that being said, welcome to the board and happy planning!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Steph&ByronSteph&Byron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and Welcome
  • Options
    BELINA1219BELINA1219 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CONGRATS MELISSA! unlike these other very RUDE (little girls) oh! i mean, brides, WELCOME to the knot! you are considered a BRIDE NOW. it's YOUR turn to shine. :) just like it is every other bride's turn to shine! if you need help/advice feel free to contact me! you dont' have to be as obsessive or involved as most of the girls on this thing. just pop in periodically to read suggestions and then make your own decisions and defenitely RESEARCH your vendors on your own. best of luck and Congrats again! HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [I]BELINA1219[/I] I'll bet my left ovary that you're a vendor too.
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats on your engagement! We'd love to have you on the board under another name. You DO have every right as a bride to be here. Belina, you're incredibly rude yourself. You dont know any of us and we were merely telling her what the rules were so she didnt get attacked. I hope she does not contact you bc you seem to very pushy yourself. I have to agree with Tess, you're most likely a vendor.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  I knew vendors couldn't post to advertise their services for sure (I pay for advertising for that).  I just wanted to be a part of the community and plan my wedding. I'm not selling anything, I'm just excited to finally be a bride!  I just figured it would be best to "out myself" versus someone accidently finding out and then getting flamed for it.  I promise not to push my servies (I haven't even mentioned what kind of vendor I was)I realize two years is a LONG time to plan.  (I'm actually thankful for it), but my FH and I are saving for a house.  we want to buy it first before we get married while the housing market is still low.  House First, Wedding Second.  Its a long time to wait, but we will be in a better place financially for it.  I have to keep reminding myself of it though.  So can I still post?  I'd rather not make another account.  I'd rather just be who I am.  I'm not here to advertise, I just want to be a part of the community and learn and share.  Is there a mod around here I could talk to?  Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for the welcome ladies.  I didn't think anyone was being rude.  :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you know I didn't even think about my username.  I'll make another account!  Thanks for all your help ladies!  :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Melissa-- We weren't trying to be rude. We really do want you on the board we just don't want you to get in trouble! We welcome your insight and hope that you will come back. Again...welcome to the board and we hope to see you soon!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards