Florida-South Florida
Options

So what's this 'W' spot at Ft. Ladi?

I'm so excited for FI and I to hang with my family and friends. My best friends are already making plans for dinner and after thoughts :)I'd like to be hero and suggest a great spot. You ladies say this W place is the spot now-a-days.Where is it? Is it a bar? Great crowd/what kind of feel?Thanks! I feel like a non-local now :/

Re: So what's this 'W' spot at Ft. Ladi?

• Options
    PinkShoesGalPinkShoesGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a newer hotel on Fort Lauderdale beach (and Jillian's and my venue). There are two main bar areas: The Living Room and Whiskey Blue. The Living Room is more of a loungy feel with big comfy couches. There is a huge balcony outside wrapping arround the front of the hotel overlooking the ocean where you can sit and have a drink. No type of cover charge.Whiskey Blue is downstairs and has more of the nightclub feel. There is also an outside deck attached where you can sit. I don't think there is a cover charge for Whiskey Blue but they do make you wait in line which is pretty obnoxious.Both have a trendier feel and there is a pretty wide age span of people there. HTH!
    TTC since May 2011 "Natural" BFP 1/2/2012 with cp 1/5/2012 5/2012: SA and CD 3 bloodwork perfect 6/2012: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN 8/2012: HSG all clear. Clomid TI cycle canceled due to thin lining 9/2012: Lap and Hysteroscopy: mild endo, uterine fibroids and septum, and ovarian cyst all removed
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yayyyy for our venue Morgan!!!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know, right?!? Whoop whoop!
    TTC since May 2011 "Natural" BFP 1/2/2012 with cp 1/5/2012 5/2012: SA and CD 3 bloodwork perfect 6/2012: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN 8/2012: HSG all clear. Clomid TI cycle canceled due to thin lining 9/2012: Lap and Hysteroscopy: mild endo, uterine fibroids and septum, and ovarian cyst all removed
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I passed by the one in SoBe the other day but didnt go in. It looked cool from the outside and I was thinking that maybe we could use some of our Star points to stay there for a weekend! They have a Mr. Chow!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our friends were in town a few weekends ago and stayed at the SoBe one. We drove down to have dinner on Lincoln and then went back to check out the hotel. Their room was amazing and the hotel itself was very cool! Their pool is huuuuuge (think Vegas-style) and we sat out there and had a drink. Mr. Chow's  looked really cool, too. Our friends actually met Mr. Chow in the elevator. hehe. Being the psycho wedding-obsessed person that I am, I poked my head in their great room and was greatly disappointed. Fort Laudy's is much better.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You have put my secretly also wedding obsessed mind at ease! I kept wondering, should we have gone with SoBe? But I didnt really want a venue in downtown SoBe anyways bc its a little too busy, especially for the elder guests. Soooo, thank you hunny!! I am glad we picked the best one! And the biggest from what I have read :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No worries, we definitely chose the right one :) I even had one of the florists I met with complain to me about the SoBe room. And yep, the Fort Laudy is still much bigger
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards