Florida-South Florida
Options

Groom's cake

Is anyone here planning on doing a groom's cake? What kind of cake do you have and when will you serve it?

I just love the idea and I want it to be a complete surprise. He is a huge sports fan, so I want to do something with that Smile

Re: Groom's cake

• Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having a grooms cake. We are doing a police car just like palm beach co sheriff's office cars. We are going to cut and serve it with the wedding cake.
  • Options
    herculeschloeherculeschloe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting FI a cake shaped like his firefighter helmet. I'm actually choosing to serve it at our rehearsal dinner because otherwise I am pretty sure no one will actually eat it...plus I don't want anything taking attention away from my beautiful wedding cake :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a great idea! Which kind of cake flavor are you having?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Red velvet is my favorite!!!!!!! delishious
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ARose29, my answer ended up being on top of your post. Grrr, this board is messed up today Yell
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to do a cake of the logo of Fis  favorite soccer team: Flamengo from Rio de Janeiro This is the logo

South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Grrr... TK!
    Messages aren't in the right order.

• Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know I'm def. doing a groom's cake, I just haven't put any thought into the design or flavor of it.

• Options
    edited December 2011

We are going with red velvet because that is my FI's favorite.  It is being served at the rehearsal dinner.

• Options
    edited December 2011

FI is a huge football fan so I'm thinking about getting a football helmet with his team on it. My baker will do it, but I also don't want it served at the reception with the wedding cake. maybe rehearsal dinner...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17
  • Options
    herculeschloeherculeschloe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't wait to eat it...it is a peanut butter cake with chocolate frosting :)  FI loves Reeses. Possibly not the best idea to eat it the day before I have to squeeze into my dress but oh well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You girls are so creative, I need to come up with something cool Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking of having one. Not sure when though. If I do it at the wedding, no one will eat it though. Too much cake. So either the BBQ the day before or rehearsal. It'll be either a weight (he works out religiously) or a computer.
    Invited: 147 image Attending: 81 image Declined: 22 image Not Yet Replied: 44 image RSVP Date: February 28th March Siggy: 1st picture ever taken together. Ohana's restaurant at Disney's Polynesian Hotel imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Updated 7/7/10 Planning Bio
    image -mich-
  • Options
    MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to do something with the Cadillac logo. 

And he LOVES Reese's Peanut Butter cups so I want to use a chocolate & peanut butter for the flavors. I originally wanted to present it during the rehearsal dinner, but after I saw the groom's cake brought out during a wedding, I thought it was really cute. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards