Florida-South Florida
Options

photographer/fiancé help!!!

Good morning ladies!

So my fiancé is freaking out about the pricing of the photographer. He was hoping we would spend around 1k on one, but I don't want a crappy photographer! I really love 13:13 and we have a meeting with her tomorrow. The price for that will be 2450 for 7 hrs.

I just contacted gregory paul...I'm assuming they are even more expensive. I'm just not sure what to do. Are there any photographers that you all recommend under 2k that do great work?

xoxo

Re: photographer/fiancé help!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Ryan merrill. http://ryanmerrillphotography.com/

So is Cinthia. I have been really happy with him so far and hes about $1200.
    HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    O and he will work with you on what you want. We are going to take our pics and make albums on our own and not pay someone else to do them!
    I think most photogs will though. They will see what you can get rid of to bring down the price.
  • Options
    bluebookbluebook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Ashley is SO underpriced for her work. Seriously. I don't know of photographers under that price because that's basically what I paid for. But let me tell you a good photographer is worth their weight in gold and you cannot re-do your wedding to get those pictures again!!

What's your overall budget look like?  You usually should spend about 10% of your budget on photography.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ashley and Philip (1313) are my photographers, and let me say that they are amazing. When you have your meeting, she will work with you. And she'll help you work with payments if you want to do that. She just did my epics back in January, and it confirmed my decision in going with her. We were also hoping to spend about 1k and are spending more because we really wanted Ashley. 

She'll help you put together a package that has what YOU want in it, and work with you on pricing. HTH :) Just try not to settle with photography. you won't be happy with it in the long run. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Joe Casal - he starts at about $1500.  I love his work and think hes a great guy.
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Daile. Even though we won photog in a contest, the photog we were thinking of booking was about $3700.  GL try Joseph Casal also. Another idea is to email photogs you like oot and let them know you are planning a Sofl wedding, some photogs will work with you on price, to build their portfolio and may only want travel cost. GL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Joe Casal... his work is really great and he's pretty reasonably priced!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with previous posts too. You can try Crystal Fielding. She is such a sweetheart. She's doing my b-pics and she did Amy's wedding, Alissa's shower, Arlyn shower. A lot of us have used her and she is pretty reasonable.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Ashley and Phillip too.........she is SO sweet! maybe you can work something out with her, I think she is so talented!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Crystal Fielding seems to be very reasonably priced.  I also  have a friend who is just starting out so she may give you a good deal.  Her photos are very good and I am going to use her for our rehearsal dinner.  We had already booked a photog so we can't have her at our wedding.

You can email me for info:
    Tiffany.Rousseau at gmail
  • Options
    sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im using crystal fielding.  You can see some of my e pics and the pics from my engagement party, some on in my bio others on facebook. She is fabulously priced, and is just so super sweet and very creative
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Crystal  -- she's doing my RD!!

Also try Stephanie Sokol and DB Images!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    RU3234-

That is so funny!  I'm getting married on 10.10.10 in Boca Raton, FL!!  We are getting married close to you...at the Boca Raton Marriott.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dee-You'll be right around the corner! That is fun! I cant wait!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Talk to Ashley she may be willing to work with you!

She did my Epics and they were fantastic. She's also shooting my trash the dress in April!

Also check out Kalima Photography. They did Futuremrsfezz wedding and it was incredible! I think she's under $2K!

http://kallimaphotography.com/blog/http://kallimaphotography.com/blog/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh yeah, Stephanie Sokol is also amazing and affordable from what I understand.

I say you talk to Ashley and see what the best she can do is but also contact Stephanie Sokol and Kallima.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My photographer Amber is under 2k. She is such a sweetheart and I love her style!

Here is the link to her blog.
    http://amberphotographyworld.blogspot.com/

HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you all for your help! I'm going to look at all these websites and contact photographers! Has anyone worked with: http://www.sashadealmagro.com/

Thanks again! Have a fabulous day!

• Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    all these recs above are awesome...i'd also recommend ryan droze. His prices were also reasonable and i love his work. Ann (Alpine) is using him. GL
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    agree with pp. Joe Casal did my enagagement pics and last week it was my bridal shower and crystal fielding took my pictures...they are both great and reasonable with there price.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards