California-Los Angeles

Bridal Salons with more than 5 "plus size" samples?

While I'm a normal 10-12 in my regular clothes, bridal has shoved me firmly into plus sizes. That apparently means I only get to try on about 5 dresses per salon.

This sucks!

What salons in the LA/SFV/SGV areas carry a decent amount of size 14 samples? Alfred Angelo and David's really aren't my style...

Re: Bridal Salons with more than 5 "plus size" samples?

• edited December 2011
    I am a size 16 in my regular dress size. I went to Ibex downtown LA in the fashion district to track down a Mori Lee gown that I wanted to try on.  They had a number of plus size samples in stock for me to try on in a variety of styles and silouhettes. However, I think their gowns are marked up despite their belief that they have the best prices in town.  Try on what you like there, but do your homework on price before you buy. I found my gown for $350 cheaper than the price I was qouted at Ibex.  

I suggest you go there or to Mon Amie Bridal in Costa Mesa for selection of samples. I understand what you are going through.  I also found Mori Lee's Julietta collection to be a great selection of stylish and fashion forward plus size gowns.  www.morilee.com  Hope this helps. 
    Anniversary
  • raykie2003raykie2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try La Soie in Torrance. When I went (I was a size 14 at the time), they had a lot of larger gowns.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if you are interested, but i am selling my Maggie Sottero Ambrosia dress. It's a size 16, but the store owner said someone as small as a 10 could fit it due to the corset being tightened. If you are interested please email me at busybruck@aol.com
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards